Scream 4, Anyone? [Bluray Details Update]

Discussion in 'General' started by It's me Billy, Oct 2, 2007.

1. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

I recently sat down and watched all three Scream films back-to-back. (Part of my reason for doing this was because I recently purchased the Unrated Director's Cut on DVD with a 16x9 enhanced transfer.) It had been a long time since I saw them and I was ready to revisit them again. The original is one of the better modern horror films out there. Part 2 was almost just as good and part 3 had that wonderful movie-within-a-movie concept going for it, but the revelation of the killer(s) was weak. It's been seven years since Scream 3 was released. With the current trend to remake everything horror (and many people's displeasure with that) I was wondering how a Scream 4 would be received. It's been talked about before, but nothing has ever come of it. Would Wes Craven direct it? Would Neve Campbell return? How about all-new characters? Just a thought as a possible alternative to another remake.

Also, this year marks the tenth anniversary of "I Know What You Did Last Summer." It's a bummer that Columbia/Sony didn't release a new Special Edition DVD. I would have loved a commentary with Jennifer Love Hewitt and Sarah Michelle Gellar. Maybe some deleted scenes? I haven't seen the third film in the series. Without Jennifer Love Hewitt, it doesn't seem worth it.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Scream 4? To quote from Pee Wee's Big Adventure:

"Ick... No!"

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Yes, good idea. The genre, after all, needs redefining again.

:lol:

4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

At this point, I have a tough time keeping the Scream and Scary Movie franchises separate. Weren't Jay & Silent Bob in one?

The idea of a SMG commentary is a good one--has she ever done a commentary? She's absent from most of the Buffy supplemental material.

5. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

SMG did contribute a commentary for Scooby-Doo: The Movie (a group one with her husband, Matthew Lilliard and Linda Cardenelli) and The Grudge (another group one with KaDee Strickland and Sam Raimi). Yeah, those movies.

6. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Hey thanks for that info. Can't believe I never listened to The Grudge commentary with SMG and Raimi!

7. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Yes, SCREAM 3 was terror-ific...until the "revelation". I could go for a Part 4 - no problem.

8. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

I really really like the first two Scream films. I even enjoyed the third one. But a fourth? Nahhhh ... (although I would still probably see it ...)

And would Neve Campbell return? Well, 7 years ago, she definitely would not have made a fourth film. But today she might? Has she done anything lately?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  9. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Pretty much how I feel. As for I Know What..., I remember that being just a horrible horrible movie, and don't even start on all it's ridiculous sequels.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

Scream 3 was very profitable for Dimension/Miramax/Disney, but I think that everyone involved realized that the series would cease to be respectable if it extended beyond a third part.

The only principal name involved in the series who has benefited from it in the long run has been Wes Craven, whose career had been sagging during the first half of the 90's. The rest of the SCREAM team - David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox and Kevin Williamson - have all seen their careers stagnate. All of them have continued to stay busy in both film and TV, but none of them have been able to recapture the fame that the SCREAM series brought them.

11. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

By the third Scream film, as I usually find myself thinking after seeing the same characters go film after film seeing their friends and relations brutally slaughtered ad nauseam, how does Sidney even get dressed in the morning at this stage? :lol: It just gets to a point of being so tiring and ridiculous.

Pass.

12. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I hated the entire Scream trilogy.

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Remember when Kevin Williamson was like this god among men in horror writing? And how his Scream movie scripts were highly kept guarded secrets where script pages were uncopyable & only given out a few pages at a time. Remember? How it was jammed down our throats that he was the new master of horror writing & the world was at his feet? Remember?

Well what happened? I guess he dried up? I'll give him Scream part 1 ... maybe, but I never bought it. It was a good film that was at Wes Craven's peak of directing. Thats about it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  14. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yeah me too.

I really doubt they'd bring the original cast members back if they did another one. They'd be looking for a younger, hipper cast to satisfy today's kids. Plus, if they made another they'd prob be planning on making more after that and prob wouldn't want to be stuck with a cast that's too old.

15. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Fuck Scream 4. If they wait any longer chances are they're going to opt for a straight-up remake!

16. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    But there ARE NO hipper actors any more!!!!

17. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I love the first Scream. But the sequels went from OK to bad. A 4th would ruin an already hurting franchise.

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I think Cursed killed his career, although I kinda like that flick in a cheese popcorn way. I like all the Scream flicks too but agree they got progressively worse, and since it was supposed to be a trilogy I hope another doesn't get made.
    The cast would have to be hippier, edgier and sexier than ever to sell this crap idea, or better yet, Neve Campbell comes back and finally goes nude.:D

19. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Her tits are ooooooooogly. I don't remember the flick though. It was some recent crap too. They might need a body double in her case.

20. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest