Scream 4, Anyone? [Bluray Details Update]

Discussion in 'General' started by It's me Billy, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Well it's been 15 years since the first scream. So she's probably not going to look as good as she did in her early 30's.

2. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

whether she looked good then, is a matter of opinion.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

If she had plastic surgery, I couldn't tell. It wasn't noticeable to me.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

watched it tonight. not really very good, and although i haven't watched any of them since i saw part 3 in the theater, based solely on memory alone, i would vote this at the bottom of the pile, and by a long shot. the series has obviously thrived on being self-referential, but this took it to such a ridiculous level that it felt more like one of the scary movie sequels at times. maybe its just me, but the ghostface costume has lost all menace. the first time he showed up on screen, i had to stifle the urge to laugh, just at the sight of him. there was nothing scary, nothing suspenseful. i can't say i was bored exactly, though, and that might be the best thing i can say about it. i can honestly say, however, that if i want to be entertained...i'd put in my soul to take before i'd watch scream 4 again.

in response to some other posts:

i liked hayden panettiere's short hair. the girl just does it for me, no two ways about it. cute as a button.

and the person i thought courtney cox looked the most like was Margot Kidder. and that is a bad, baaaaaad thing. as someone said, there's nothing wrong with looking your age, but if that were what she was doing, she'd have her own lips still. not good.

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I don't care what anyone thinks, Courtney Cox was incredibly hot in Scream 4. That woman turns me on.

7. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It makes me wonder if the only reason people notice Cox's plastic surgery is because they heard the rumors beforehand. I didn't, and so I didn't notice anything "off" about her. Even now when I see before and after comparison photos I still don't see it. Any differences I see between 2 photos can be dismissed by whether or not she's wearing makeup at the time, which seem to be the case in the few that I've looked at.

8. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

That's not the case for me. I'm not tuned in to that type of gossip at all. Has there been a lot of talk about her having plastic surgery?

She looks unnatural around the eyes--much more so in some shots than others. And her lips and mouth definitely look different. I live in a resort area where Botox is practically a religion. It tends to give a distinctive look to facial features. And Cox's features have definitely morphed in a manner consistent with heavy Botox usage.

9. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

When I tuned into an episode of Cougar Town, I was shocked at how she looked: like a flattened frog. Those lips. Yeesh. She used to be very unique; it's a shame she felt the need to alter herself like that.

10. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

And a remake of Halloween 666: The Crap of Michael Myers couldn't hurt either.

I disagree. I think he kinda made it obvious he was one of the killers but, other than that, he was hilarious. More with his ad-libs / improvisations than the script, but the second he says, "Surprise...Sidney," you can't tell which is which anymore (his crack about Gale seems right-in with his killer comic timing on the "peer pressure" and "mom and dad" lines). I still bust my fucking gut re-watching it now when the movie gets to the scene of him sitting with the phone.

What was the original ending again? The only details I remember reading had something to do with Hallie and Derek. That's it, they just named names.

Agreed on the table scene. Insult to injury: the killer later says Derek had a "decent singing voice."

The more I watch Scream 2, the more dramatically it slips in my estimation. Although, you have to admit that opening scene is extraordinary. Sidney is a freaking drag- she's just dull. But, the Cotton Weary thing is interesting. They pretty much should have split the movie between Cox and Arquette together with cutaways to Jamie Kennedy. Although, if they do that, suddenly they can't just kill him off. But my thinking is they should have made Kennedy the new Casey, Drew Barrymore's character. We knew Pinkett and Epps were gonna be killed. But we never had a scene with just Kennedy alone, having a real moment with the killer. It could have still been set in the daytime in a public place.

Anyway, Courtney Cox was excellent in the movie (her dialogue was dynamic as well, though she could have done more with it) and ... I said it before. I think I'll say it again: take the DVD to chapter 18 and just listen to the killer's speech. Bob Dole, the Christian Coalition, references to the Simpson trial. And each highlighted perfectly. That's a smart fucking piece of writing!!

I really liked Scream 3 when I first saw it, but quickly I think you realize it only holds up so well because of how much horror the genre has changed. It's a completely plastic sequel fit to how plastic the genre had become. Quick-fixing and plugging-in instead of building itself. It was funnier than the 2nd movie by far (thanks to Parker Posey) but everything else it tried to do fell flat. What's it even trying to say about Hollywood? Something that TV movies in the 80's had already done. Something Entertainment Tonight already reported on- casting couch sleazoids. I still have one of those segments recorded, we're talking '96 here- not exactly shocking or riveting stuff. And then they just show us the big old house. They don't do anything with it. The scene before that in the recreation of Sidney's house was a little better.

Tell you what I really liked about Scream 3 (other than Parker) - the Angelina character! They build her into a Tori Spelling (I'm not kidding, check out how aloof she's portrayed) with a gentle heart, but then she keeps going completely insane. I would call her drugged but her eyes are wide awake and she's either bouncing around like a rag doll (arms STIFF at her sides) - when she's not wearing those "we're all the killer" boots - or thrusting herself here and there, standing in-place with her back turned toward her onlookers like she's Tina Turner. And the way she runs in those with her cloppy feet and her dainty little arms and legs. Reactions to the killings and the killer's overelaborate set-ups are SO important in these movies and what she did was worthy of Lillard and Cox in the first movie. And she was funny too.

Oh, that was definitely the mother character. So much so, that when Sidney gets her dig in about her hypocrisy- it's over in a flash.

Not to mention Laurie Metcalf couldn't have been more over-the-top.

11. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

LOL

I don't read gossip rags. I do not own a tv. I respect my head, I don't use it like a garbage can. I was just shocked once again - that's the effect human vanity has on me. It's Madeleine Stowe all over again.

12. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I admit that I read people's comments on these boards regarding plastic surgury and specifically her lips before I saw the movie, but that doesn't make observations about the liklihood of plastic surgury any less legitimate. There's aging, and then there's changing. She doesn't look like the same person. I feel bad for her, because whether I personally found her attractive or not 15 years ago, she had charm, no doubt about it. You could see her going for that again in part 4, and at times she came close to pulling it off. But it's not the same. And she's not the same.

13. marcx

marcx New Member

Saw it last week and enjoyed the hell out of it--much better than anyone can expect with something that has the number 4 in it's title...

totally unrealted comment ut Matbrick i love the avatar--I live--I hunger!

14. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

wait, what about Madeline Stowe?

15. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

She's had work done as well. Check her out in the late '90s (The General's Daughter) and compare vs. early '00s (We Were Soldiers). Too bad, she was a real stunner!! :(

16. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Because I am lazy Ill just repost what I put in the Scream vote thread:

Okay saw Scream 4 tonight and enjoyed it- I still think the first one is the best and Scream 4 was about on par with Scream 2- I thought Scream 2 started out better then 4 but 4 had a better ending. In order of how I would rank them right now:

1) Scream
    2) Scream 2 (because of my love for SMG and the great opening I give it the slight edge over 4)
    3) Scream 4
    4) Scream 3

17. Marclar

Marclar Member

I am very upset that I have to be stuck working in Europe for the next two months and do not get a chance to watch it on big screen. Brings back the good memories...going to our local theatre with friends to watch every one of the first 3 movies.

18. cjg

cjg Active Member

Pretty good

19. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I rather enjoyed it.It's jabs at remakes,reboots and meta slashers were all fun and the cast all turned in fun performances.Probably the goriest film of the series too (at least in it's theatrical cut),even though in overall tone it might be the lightest.Had a bit to say about the culture of fame too.After some lukewarm reviews I was expecting the worst but I thought it was a fun followup.

20. rhett

rhett Administrator

SCREAM 4 is hitting Blu-ray and DVD on October 4th from our friends at Anchor Bay. Bonus features to include a making of, alternate opening, extended ending, deleted and extended scenes, and a gag reel. Retail is $39.99.

Here's the art and the full presser:

[​IMG]

Attached Files: