Scream 4 Trailer is unleased

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by snowbeast323, Oct 18, 2010.

1. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kpTAKz9VDc

It seems the movie is all I feared it would be....the end of Sidney Prescott, judging by the trailer. Not good news for Gale either by the looks of things.

2. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

Looks like another piece of shit from that hack Wes.:sleepy:

3. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Don't forget how many times Dewey and Gale have "died" throughout the series.

4. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

Hmmm.. interesting perspective. Care to name some other "hack" directors?

(I've got a sneaking suspicion Carpenter, Argento and Kubrick may be on your list as well)

5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

To be fair, and I love a few of Craven's films, he does have some serious duds on his resume. More than a few. I mean, I don't think any of those directors have anything close to The Hills Have Eyes 2 on their CV.

6. springjack

springjack New Member

Just a fast paced teaser... much like todays remake.

Gonna see it though.
    ________
    Pregnant bondage

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  7. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

Haha this is true but Memoirs of an Invisible Man (Carpenter) and The Card Player (Argento) are turds as well. They've all had their low points but Craven has some seriously awesome genre films under his direction (Last House on the Left, Hills Have Eyes, Nightmater on Elm Street, Serpent and the Rainbow, People Under The Stairs, Shocker). Personally I love the Scream franchise as it damn near single-handedly brought the fun back into horror movies that had been sorely lacking during the 90s.

8. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I'd definitely consider Craven a hack director. The guy's made almost nothing BUT turds since about 1984. Sure there may be one or two good ones, but they're very few and extremely far between. He started out very well and then went went SERIOUSLY downhill. Don't argue that he didn't, it couldn't be more clear with any other director. He started out making important films that commented on the state of America in the early '70s with Last House on the Left and The Hills Have Eyes, then he ends up making a film like Red Eye? The guy's a hack. Then you have someone like Cronenberg who BECAME a great filmmaker over time. It seems as though Craven just forgot how to make a great film, which is sad because his early films are rather outstanding.

~Matt

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  9. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

Uhhh... you seen any of the new Star Wars movies? Trust me, there are other much steeper declines than Wes Craven out there :)

10. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Okay, the trailer has been removed, probably due to the fact that it'll be released properly tomorrow, keep your eyes open.

11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

No not really. Star Wars was an extremely successful film, no doubt, but it still isn't exactly very well-made. The dialogue is terrible, the acting isn't the greatest and seriously....the special effects were not exactly state of the art, a lot of it looks pretty fake and cheesy, even when compared to a film like 2001, Close Encounters or Alien. I'm not saying Star Wars is a BAD film, but it's certainly not great. George Lucas was never really a "great" director. Considering the output at that time from other directors like Scorsese, Altman, Bogdanovich, Friedkin, Coppola and Spielberg, the work of Lucas really pales in comparison.

However, films such as Last House on the Left, which was an important metaphor for the war in Vietnam, was brilliantly executed. Sure some parts are kindof stale (the idiot cops as an excuse for comic relief), but the overall effect of the film has much more of an impact IMO than Star Wars ever did. Then he made The Hills Have Eyes, following the model set out by Hooper in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, it's allegory for the decline of the American nuclear family and its total distortion. Where Craven's early films acted as important social allegory, the work he makes now SERIOUSLY pales in comparison. They're hollow. Lucas made a special effects-laden fantasy film that made a lot of money...and the new Star Wars trilogy are, well....special effects-laden fantasy films that make a lot of money. I fail to see the decline.

~Matt

12. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Oh come on!!!! Am I the only one who thinks Deadly friend is a classic?

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

pretty much agreed. he has waaay more misses than hits, and has been making them right from the beginning. People just think he's had this dramatic downturn because they've forgotten about all the junk he made around the same time he was making hills and nightmare. i must say, though, that among his more recent output, i'd say that red eye was passable. it felt more like an extended tv episode, but i found it modestly enjoyable. consider it side by side with cursed, and i think you'll agree that its a definite step up. he's certainly no longer relevant, but i can't dismiss him completely as a hack. maybe he just has really bad luck with choosing his material. because with the right story, he can still make a good movie.

14. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

It's gonna sound crazy but I didn't even read your response. I'm assuming it was something like "no dude that comparison doesn't work" to which I say, you're totally right. Wes Craven's a retard. George Lucas is a wild man. Lars Von Trier is a rebel without a pause. Werner Herzog is off the chain. Luis Bunuel once ate a cat. Jodorowsky really was El Topo. And I was trying to get my post count up to 500 but I just realized I passed that a couple posts ago! Scream 4's a by the numbers piece of hollywood shit but it should be fun to look at. Carry on my good man. :D

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

;)

~Matt

16. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

Actually the three directors you mentioned are some of my favorites. Sure Argento pretty much has lost it now but in his prime-holy shit! Craven has a few good movies I like, but I never really cared for his stuff too much. Other than the first Nightmare I don't really consider any of his movies great or classics. Carpenter and Argento on the other hand are much better- even their lesser films I think are better than most or all Craven. As far as Kubrick goes, Craven doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

17. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Well, Carpenter AND Argento have become hack directors, does that help anything?

Kind of like the meatloaf song, except opposite. Two out of three ain't...

Well, you know. Craven, hack. Yes.

18. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Where is the REAL official trailer? Every damn trailer link on youtube claims official trailer. Nothing but a bunch of fake homemade crap.

19. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Anyway thanks for the help scream fans! So I now actually found the trailer. Scream 4 looks like it's going to be off the chain!

20. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

Haha I totally agree. I don't know how my hand let me type Kubrick's name into that sentence.

[​IMG]