Scream Factory's Army of Darkness specs

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Dave, Sep 11, 2015.

By Dave on Sep 11, 2015 at 8:23 PM
  1. Dave

Dave Pimp

Scream has announced the specs to their blu-ray edition of Sam Raimi's third entry in the Evil Dead series, Army of Darkness. Here's the dirt straight from their Facebook page along with a couple of questions and answers that they posted:

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories
?

Will you buy Scream Factory's Army of Darkness blu-ray release?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Haven't decided

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Depends on the reviews

1 vote(s)
    2.5%

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Dave, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Zombie Dude
      Zombie Dude
      There are definitely too many cuts of this film. I may just pick up the Australian DC blu. Don't know what the picture's like though which is why I don't own it at the moment.
    2. Myron Breck
      Myron Breck
      Exactly. People are so quick to hang any and every home video distribution company out to dry, it's a little out of hand. I'm going to go ahead and get mine now.
    3. shithead
      shithead
      Just read on Blu-ray.com that Shout will be doing replacements for BOTH discs.
      buck135 likes this.
    4. buck135
      buck135
      So cool of them. I've read Arrow is close to resolving the Shivers issue as well.
      Myron Breck and Zombie Dude like this.
    5. Workshed
      Workshed
      that's great news!
    6. Buechlers_beard
      Buechlers_beard
      I'm not worried by the minor cuts to the Theatrical version. I've never liked that cut and doubt I'll ever watch the disc anyway. I like the Directors cut simply because of the full "mini Ash" scene in the windmill. Other than that, the second half is waaay too long.

The International version is great. Looks amazing, with a nice 5.1 track. The ither two discs are nice to have, but I'm really only interested in the Int. Version.
      Shannafey likes this.
    7. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      Replacement program is up and ready to go:

On behalf of Scream Factory, we want to thank everyone that has purchased our recent Collector’s Edition of ARMY OF DARKNESS. We hope you are enjoying it and all the work that went into bringing it to you, the fans.

It has come to our attention that there is footage missing from both the theatrical cut and the international cut of the film. We will be issuing replacement discs (#1 and #3) to anyone that has been affected.

If your copy of ARMY OF DARKNESS is missing footage and you would like a replacement disc sent to you, please follow these instructions:

1. Please fill out the form on this page with your shipping and contact information.
      2. Please send an email to info@shoutfactory.com with your proof of purchase (a photo or scan of your printed receipt or your digital receipt if from on-line retailer).
      Replacement discs will begin shipping out in the next 2-3 weeks. When your replacements do ship, you should receive an automated shipment confirmation via email.

If you have any questions or concerns about this replacement program, please do not hesitate to contact us at
      info@shoutfactory.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,
      Scream Factory

8. buck135
      buck135
      Outstanding. My hat's off to those who identified the omissions (as small as they were). Amazing job by Shout to not only correct the discs, but get a painless replacement program together so fast.
      Workshed and Zombie Dude like this.
    9. gobad2003
      gobad2003
      Awesome, Shout went above and beyond to please the fans. I will fill this out asap. Thanks CPT HOOK :D
    10. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      I filled out the forum earlier, and emailed the proof of purchase. Awesome Shout! :)
    11. buck135
      buck135
      Guys just check your email (especially spam) to make sure you get a confirmation number.
    12. Workshed
      Workshed
      Agreed, this is damn impressive, both from a fan identification perspective and the company's response. I'm clicking "Buy" now (via link from the site!) and filling out that form. Thanks, horrordvds, for keeping us all informed, too, so we don't have to all scramble around this.
    13. Workshed
      Workshed
      UPDATE: Dammit, they were so cheap that I went ahead and ordered ED and ED2 on blu as well. For the LAST TIME, you hear me? The last time!

[​IMG]
      Zombie Dude likes this.
    14. buck135
      buck135
      They're worth the quadruple dip. You won't be disappointed.
    15. Workshed
      Workshed
      Received email from Scream Factory tonight--my replacement discs have shipped. Very impressed with how they've handled this issue.
    16. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      Yup, I received the same email about 20 minutes ago. Excellent! :)
    17. Matt89
      Matt89
      Yup just shipped mine too! I was wondering since I never got a response after emailing them my info and proof of purchase.

~Matt
    18. Shannafey
      Shannafey
      Got my replacement discs in the mail already!
    19. Nailwraps
      Nailwraps
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    20. Workshed
      Workshed
      ack, mine haven't arrived yet. but i'm international so i imagine it will take longer.