Scream Factory's Army of Darkness specs

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Dave, Sep 11, 2015.

By Dave on Sep 11, 2015 at 8:23 PM
  1. Dave

Dave Pimp

Scream has announced the specs to their blu-ray edition of Sam Raimi's third entry in the Evil Dead series, Army of Darkness. Here's the dirt straight from their Facebook page along with a couple of questions and answers that they posted:

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories
?

Will you buy Scream Factory's Army of Darkness blu-ray release?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Haven't decided

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Depends on the reviews

1 vote(s)
    2.5%

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Dave, Sep 11, 2015.

1. gobad2003
      gobad2003
      I must be after the first 600 because mine has the V2 on the Theatrical disc.
    2. Workshed
      Workshed
      Watched this last night for my birthday (theatrical version) for the first time on blu-ray. It looked fantastic! And I was reminded by how funny and absurd it all is. What a film. It's no wonder an entire generation of horror nerds fell in love with it (self included), and I doubt I'm alone in that it was my entry point into the series.

I remember waiting for the film to release on videocassette after seeing it in the theater, and when I found it at my local shop, the back copy said something like, "Bruce Campbell reprises his role as Ash from the Evil Dead series," and I went to the "E" section and found two more glorious films! Watching this yesterday evening brought back all sorts of nostalgia (might have been the birthday scotch as well), and I marveled at all the fine details and throwaway lines of dialogue ("I'll cut ya gizzard out!").

Many thanks to Shout! for the presentation and for making good on the replacement discs.