See No Evil 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Paul0889, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

Didn't see any threads on this, so I thought I'd make one. Watched this last night, and as a fan of the Soska Sisters(American Mary) and the first film, I was pretty excited. It was a great little sequel, and DEFINITELY WAY BETTER than Leprechaun Origins(another Lionsgate/WWE sequel). I think I even liked it better than the first See No Evil. The Soska's did great with their first studio film. It's nicely shot and the acting was good. Kane is good in his role as Jacob Goodnight. Danielle Harris and Katharine Isabelle are great as usual(Katie Isabelle is fucking hilarious in this as the drunken slutty friend, she's actually QUITE similar to her role in Freddy VS Jason). My only gripe with the film is that it was quite tamer than the first film. The first was hard R, brutal and nasty. While this film certainly isn't dry, it's noticeably less gory. I was quite surprised actually, cos I thought it'd at least be on par with the first film. The kills were decent enough though for what we get. Surprisingly there are actually a few tense/scary moments that got me. Overall a 3/5 for me, I think people will like this just fine.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

dvd/blu-ray comes out october 21st same day as wrong turn 6 i will probably check them both out

3. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

Yes! I'm actually excited for Wrong Turn 6 as well. I'm glad Declan O'Brian is replaced since the last 3 films have sucked, but also cos the reviews for 6 have all been positive. Apparently it's actually somewhat scary again, better acting, better effects, and a better story this time around. The Town That Dreaded Sundown is hitting VOD soon as well. Good month for horror this year!

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Would be if they made it into theaters. Would love to catch these on the big screen instead of having them dumped on VOD / blu-ray.

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

looking forward more to wrong turn 6, thought see no evil 2, was going to be tamer, the first was an 18 here in the UK the second is rated 15.

6. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

ya that was the first indication that it was gonna be less hard than the first when i saw the 15 rating. the kills are pretty violent/brutal, just not as much as the first...think more strangulation/neck breakings with bare hands type gigs, with a couple bloody ones. there is one highlight kill to the movie that was neat and messy, and in slow motion that I think people will get a kick out of.

7. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I've become a Soska fan recently having watched Hooker in a Trunk and American Mary in the last month or so. I'm really looking forward to See No Evil 2! good to hear it's as good if not better than the first one.

8. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this one. I enjoyed American Mary and am a huge fan of Katharine Isabelle and like Danielle Harris a lot too. Plus I enjoyed the first one. I have this on pre-order.

9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

10. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

11. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I pre-ordered Wrong Turn 6 and was going to with this one, but after seeing the R rating with "some gore" listed, I think I will need to check it out before buying. I still have hopes it will be good, but am a little disappointed that it appears to be softer than the first one!

12. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Pretty basic slasher with Katharine Isabelle being extremely over-the-top (in a good way) and Danielle Harris being all cute and tiny. Not really enough gore and seriously, wasn't the thing about these movies that Jacob Goodnight takes his victims' eyes? I don't remember him doing that at all in this movie.

Anyway maybe a bit better than the first one but because I had such high expectations it was a bit of a disappointment. Still a decent enough slasher if you liked the first one.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  13. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

14. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Is this already playing Theaters? Kind of want to see this but I'll probably wait for the Blu-ray.

15. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

It's currently playing the Torrent circuit and has been for a few days now :lol:

16. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Oh, ok.

I don't do Torrents but I've seen See No Evil 2 "reviews" popping up the last few days on message boards everywhere. Should've figured as much :D

17. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I enjoyed it but I think I would've loved it if the kills were more brutal. Only one kill stood out tbh.

But it's well directed and shot, the score is great and Kane is pretty badass in it.

18. shift

shift Hot as shit!

LOL!! You are bad man!!

I have a friend that sent me this movie and it was pretty good.
    I prefer part I over 2 though.

I won't tell you much, but the kills are very basic and don't expect a happy ending :banana:

19. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Torrents are an amazing thing. Guess what is already floating around ?

Nightbreed.1990.DC.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE.torrent

Edit: The truth is that the second "review" copies are sent out they invariably end up leaked on torrents within less than 12 hours. That's the way it is these days.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  20. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I broke down and pre-ordered this today even though from all I have heard the gore is not there in this one...I do like Kane and love Danielle Harris, so I am sure I will still like this!