See the Blind Dead Artwork

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Aug 11, 2005.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

One of this fall's biggest and most anticipated horror releases on digital is Blue Underground's ambitious THE BLIND DEAD COLLECTION. With a street date of September 27th, this release will package all of Amando de Ossorio's spanish zombie films together in one beautiful package. In addition to the films, TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD, RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD, THE GHOST GALLEON, and NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS is a bonus disc dedicated to the man behind the films: AMANDO DE OSSORIO - DIRECTOR. Perhaps more interesting than all the great films and extras packaged in this set is the artwork, which houses all the films in a coffin-shaped box. In addition, there is a "Knights of Terror" booklet housed along with the set, complete with 40 pictures of information and pictures about the film.

The artwork for the coffin packaging has long been available on the internet, but here are some snaps of the disc covers themselves, as well as a shot of the booklet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although the suggested retail price of $99.99 is something to lose your sight over, the packaging alone makes this well worth consideration. When you factor in the obscurity of the films, the hours of extras and the high definition remasters, it is going to be tough to pass these up come September.

Attached Files:

2. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

i own the Dutch Filmworks Tombs Of The Blind Dead and while that is the shorter US version, i thought it was mostly a boring movie, although this seems very cool and attractive indeed. maybe if that price is lowered i get my grubby little hands on it! :D

3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Those covers are so damn beautiful.

4. This set looks incredible, fantastic artwork on the covers. This box set will be a keep sake, i have not seen any of the films but cannot wait to own this set. I do wish they lower the price though, it's a little too expensive but i cannot get over how beautiful this set looks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2005
  5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

This is going to be the big purchase for me this year. It'll be big similar to last years Dawn Of The Dead boxset.

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Talk about gorgeous!! The asking price is expensive, but I've got to have this!

7. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

I love the covers, and the box-set while gimmicky is still pretty freakin' cool looking. I've never seen these films, but I'm damned itchy to get this. Can anyone give me some comparible movie(s) to these, so I have an idea of the type of films they are? Are they like Burial Ground - Nights of Terror, or maybe Let Sleeping Corpses Lie? Any input is much appreciated!

8. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

It's around $65 shipped at a couple places.

9. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Awesome artwork! Amazon has it for $69.97

10. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

Deepdiscountdvd:

BLIND DEAD COLLECTION (LIMITED EDI - 1971

Why Pay $ 99.95?
    Our Price:
    $ 66.47
    FREE SHIPPING!
    Release Date: 09/27/05

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Thats a deal right there Zoso.

12. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Target may have it for $5.99.

13. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

I want to get this, but it's at least gonna need another 20% off (fingers crossed for Nov/Dec)

14. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Wow, those covers do look really nice, almost tempting.
    Maybe if I see it used and cheap down the road I won't be able to resist, but I'm still gonna pass on this for now.
    Kudos to BU for making this really well though.

15. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Sure if you don't mind waiting forever shipping wise.

16. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Thats true. I've been waiting on my 99 Women disk since their 20% off sale.

17. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

:( Anyone?

18. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

BURIAL GROUND wouldn't be a bad comparison in some respects,but these films sort of have their own vibe.The nighttime stuff isn't to far off of Fulci's ZOMBI 2(though the gore level in the BLIND DEAD is in general lower).The films tend to have moody set pieces(some bits might bring to mind THE FOG,the third films set up especially),personally I always found the slow moving Templars creepier when they were closing in on their prey rather than when they caught it.Like a lot of the product out at the time,certainly NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and it's siege setup is a big influence (and a recurring theme) in the series.If you enjoy Euro horror style zombies but don't demand wall to wall gore you might enjoy these films.The list price is high,but I have to say the artwork is gorgeous !

19. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

Thanks for the response. These sound great and right up my ally, I'm sure I'll be getting it. Plus I love the experience of viewing something for the first time, there's no comparison, especially if you're enjoying the show.

20. bachmann

bachmann Member