Seeing Saw?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Feb 13, 2005.

?

Will you be buying SAW this week?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2005.
  1. Yes, I enjoyed it in theaters

23 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. Yes, I haven't seen it yet

21 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No, I disliked it in theaters

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. No, but I did enjoy it in theaters

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. No, I'll rent instead

18 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. No, I have no interest in the title

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I'll be renting it for sure. I was about to check it out in theatres on Friday, but Thursday was the last time it was being shown in the dollar theatre. I would have gone the week before, but I went to "A Very Long Engagement" instead. I'm looking forward to seeing "Saw" though as I was anticipating it's release for quite some time. I doubt I'll buy it until an unrated version is released (or I'll pick up the Japanese disk).

2. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I think I'll just rent it someday.The trailers looked ok.But I'd rather spend my money on other titles.

3. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

I loved the movie and I'll be buying it when it comes out on dvd. As far as the unrated version goes, there hardly is one. The unrated version is basicly a few extended scenes and that's about it.

4. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

One of the worst horror films I've ever seen. No way I will ever re-visit this, cool packaging or not.

5. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Not going to get it or see it again on account that it is god awful.

6. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Bought it and "Donnie Darko" director's cut yesterday. Cool stuff.

7. Wermode

Wermode New Member

I thought it was decent in the theater, but I doubt it can stand up to repeat viewings. Still, not much good new stuff out there this month...

8. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I enjoyed it in the theaters but will hold off until a better version is released...whenever that will be.

9. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I may rent it but I'll hold off for a more complete Saw.

10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

definately, superb film and it comes out uncut in the u.k. today, so will be picking that one up.

11. zombee

zombee Guest

I rented this and thought that it was pretty good... why is everyone so against the ending?

12. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

i thought the ending was pretty good

13. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

Bought it last night, and was pleasantly surprised...... but I am disappointed with the (lack of) extras......

14. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

I just rented it and thought it was very good. I noticed a lot of people didn't care for it...what were you guys expecting? This movie was all about atmosphere and tension and in that regard, I thought it accomplished its mission. The ending was almost a let down, but come on, who saw that one coming (no pun intended)?

I also loved Charlie Clouser's music. Any hardcore Nine Inch Nails fan should be digging the soundtrack. He also get major kudos from me for using a Front Line Assembly song for about 5 seconds. :lol:

The DVD itself is bit on the lame side, though. I mean, the "making of" featurette (generally 15-30 minutes on most DVDs) barely clocks in at 2 minutes. I was thinking to myself, "was that it?!" I thought the Fear Factory song was okay, but those videos are beyond lame...I guess that's all Lions Gate could afford. The trailers are extremely well done and like Rhett said in his review, they were probably the reason why this film did so well at the box office.

In all, a good rollercoaster film for 100 minutes...just don't come in with such high expectations.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  15. I got a promo copy of the soundtrack in time for Halloween....super awesome.

...and I wouldn't blame Lion's Gate for the crappy Fear Factory videos. Their videos have never been Fear Factory's strength. Every FF videos has been more underwhelming than the last.

16. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I liked the film, but the dvd release is less than desired. I'll probably sell out and get it anyway.

17. willywalken

willywalken Guest

when i was watching it. when i saw danny glover running around like a dumb ass with his throat cut from ear to ear. i was done with it after that. from that point on, it was a comedy to my friends and i.

18. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

I thought the film was fun, but the Danny Glover character was not needed. It could have gone a different way and been totally original, instead it slipped into a formula. I bought it and stand by my decision.

Bottom line...I liked it.

19. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I liked it but I'm glad I rented it instead of buying it or seeing it in theaters. There were good bits here and there, but I agree, I didn't see the point of the Danny Glover character and at times it seemed too similar to "Seven." The small scale of the story was a turnoff to me.

20. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I don't see the point to Danny Glover being in any movie, period!! :D