Seeing Saw?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Feb 13, 2005.

?

Will you be buying SAW this week?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2005.
  1. Yes, I enjoyed it in theaters

23 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. Yes, I haven't seen it yet

21 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No, I disliked it in theaters

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. No, but I did enjoy it in theaters

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. No, I'll rent instead

18 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. No, I have no interest in the title

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. philxus

philxus New Member

GOOD TRAILER BORING MOVIE!!! :sleepy: :fucked:

2. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I viewed thiis movie for the first time a few nights ago after much anticipation and then being put off by reviews. It was everything I thought it would be and as others have stated (remains a decent movie trying to overcome horrible acting, way too many flashbacks, and a seemingly endless list of whodunnit's/so that's the killer (although the last actually works in it's favor somehow). After finally seeing this movie, I am deffinitely NOT looking forward to it's already announced sequel,

3. Razz 714

Razz 714 Guest

Best way to Kill.

I like to see a killer have his victums do themselves in.

Philxus you wouldn't know a good horror movie if it bit you on the ass!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2005
  4. Gothic Queen

Gothic Queen Guest

I agree with Razz...the concept of the killings was pretty entertaining to say the least, I loved the tension, the soundtrack, and with the exception of one character...the casting wasn't all that bad, I know I've seen worse. Carrey Elwis kicks ass and should be recieving more respect for this film. I bought it before watching it...thats the kind of faith I have in Elwis...and I am glad I did. It's one of those movies that you throw on for your "non-horror" friends to make them shit. Recently exposed a good friend of mine to the Texas Chainsaw Remake... with successful results.

5. Burn

Burn Guest

Yep....Boring movie!

6. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

still haven't seen it...I just can't bring myself to rent it. I actually wanted to see it when I first heard about it, but now...nothing.

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

There's a Director's Cut coming out on DVD in Germany soon, might have to check that one out to see what's missing from the R-Rated version.

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, it was better than I thought it would be. A really good concept that doesn't hold up the entire 90 minutes, but not a waste of time either.

Do have to disagree with the person who praised Cary Elwes (let me guess....you have a crush on him). His performance was terrible, although it says on IMDB that they didn't have time to rehearse, and many of the scenes in the film are first time readings. It sounds believable to me.

9. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Yeah i agree he was weak link acting wize in that film. Entertaining film though.

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Yes she thinks he's hot, but I wouldn't say he was terrible. If anything the writing for his character was a bit weak. On the other hand, he was playing a pretty boy doctor.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Elwes gave a terrible performance to be sure; however, he may be the movie's saving grace. My thoughts on the movie have evolved a bit. The first time I saw it I was expecting horror and got camp and was very disappointed. The second time, it was a late show and folks laughed wildly everytime Elwes overacted (aka often) and it was really fun. The third time, some friends said they were getting together to laugh at Saw. I went and sure enough, that was fun too. I laughed until I cried. It may be a camp classic in the works.