Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I'm down with this.

2. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Severin also has the Richard Stanley documentary Lost Souls up for preorder...all about his attempt at making the Island of Dr. Moreau film. I can't wait to check that out.

3. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

I'll pick this up, mainly because I sold my dvd's of both films years ago haha, and I want Devil Hunter back. I remember liking it, but I sold it because I was having to clear out space and sold off a lot of dvd's I didn't really want at the time, but now that it's on blu ray I'll be glad to have it again, films I didn't necessarily want on dvd, or wouldn't rebuy on dvd, if they do come out on blu ray I will be picking them up again. Same with lots of stuff I had in the past, I just got rid of it over the years because it wasn't essential, but if it comes out on blu ray I'll pick it up, if not I'll probably not seek it out on dvd again.

4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Both Devil Hunter and Cannibal Terror are terrible... or should I say terribly enjoyable! I sold off my DVDs a month or so ago to gladly upgrade to the Blu-ray!

5. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

6. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Any news on Axe / Kidnapped Coed? That's the one I've been waiting on. I believe they said estimated September, so I hope that's still on track.

8. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

On 8/6 Severin posted on FB "Shipping soon we're told", which I assume means shipping from their processor.

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

10. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I'm disappointed about Nightmare Castle. That was the one I was most looking forward to. I guess the Synapse DVD is still the best release available. I wonder if that version will get an upgrade to blu-ray one day?

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Um... Synapse has never released Nightmare Castle - Severin also issued the previous legit DVD. The other releases were cheapo labels like Madacy, Mill Creek, etc. that released shoddy "public domain" versions. And that review sounds like it's an improvement over the DVD by a long shot, especially with the added cuts/features, so no clue what exactly you're referring to...

12. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

My mistake. I meant Castle of Blood. Too many castle movies to keep straight in my mind. I know it was a bonus only, so it's not a big deal. Still, I was hoping for an upgrade from the DVD.

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

14. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

15. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

fucking amazon says 1 to 2 month wait for Nightmare Castle blu ray to ship, and I preordered it 3 months ago, so fuck amazon.com, I will not be preordering anything with them anymore, I will just order direct with Severin from now on or someone else, Amazon have turned to shit lately, and I can't cancel my order because I ordered it with some other stuff that already shipped, but anyway can't wait for Count Dracula on blu ray, more Franco! Oh and I should have my blu ray of Devil Hunter in a week or so, so looking forward to that one too. Severin seems to be doing some good blu rays lately. I wish they'd do a blu ray of some of Franco's adult films, I hope someday to get to see films like Cocktail Special and I can't think of the others, but there are others that only have Spanish titles I'd like to see, that have never been available in the United States, I want every Franco film to be available on DVD or Blu ray in the United States, preferably blu ray, but hey I'll take DVD if that's all they can do.

16. dvdfan

dvdfan Member

Amazon now states Nightmare Castle in stock on 8/30. So maybe you won't have to wait 1-2 months.. http://www.amazon.com/Nightmare-Cas...pebp=1440267025537&perid=0G0XTCTBNK8SZ1293MAB

17. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Excellent news about Count Dracula.

18. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

DVDfan that's not from amazon.com that's going to be in stock on 8/30 that's from Great Buys fulfilled by amazon.com so still says 1 to 2 months from amazon.com that's going to be in stock on 8/30 from a 3rd party seller, that's not going to ship for me as I ordered it from amazon.com. But wish I had ordered from a 3rd party seller haha.

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I ordered it from Great Buys (fulfilled by Amazon) back when the price was $19.99. It should arrive on Thursday it looks like.

I wouldn't really blame Amazon for not having this one in stock. Severin releases are notorious for having spotty distribution and being out of stock at various retailers soon after the release date. It seems like nearly every one of their releases is that way for some reason.

20. dvdfan

dvdfan Member

Oh shit, you are right, I see that now. Well, Amazon itself now says in stock September 3rd.