Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

Nothing here either. I emailed them at the beginning of January and they said Jack The Ripper was the holdup but my order still says processing. I didn't realize they were a one-man operation.

2. TheWZA

TheWZA Active Member

Still waiting for my Black Friday shipping notice as well. I'm a patient person and understand there were delays but it's time to get these orders out there.

I'm really surprised to hear people aren't receiving the bonus DVDs, not sure what that's all about. I like Severin and have had good customer service with them in the past so I can only assume they will eventually make things right. I can't imagine they would willfully renege on the offer.

In the meantime I received The Amicus Collection from Deep Discount today, so I'll be digging into that soon.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I got my shipping notice from them yesterday. Exactly 2 months to the day after I placed it.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Myron Breck, gobad2003 and zbinks like this.
  7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

This makes me sooo happy.

baggio likes this.
  8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I was excited to see the Changeling a while back after hearing a lot of positive comments about it and how it was one of the scariest films people had seen. I just don't get the love for this. I found it dated, slow and not really scary at all. Maybe I'm missing something?

Steel76 likes this.
  9. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Nostalgia.

Steel76, gobad2003 and Zombie Dude like this.
  10. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

This would be kind of exciting except for the fact that I'm still waiting for Jack the Ripper to ship. Based on that curve, The Changeling might not actually be available until July. :(

11. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

The problem is that certain ideas have been ripped off by other movies so seeing it at this point is like fighting a new viral strain with an old vaccine.

Myron Breck, CPT HOOK and Zombie Dude like this.
  12. shape22

I finally got a shipping notice for Jack the Ripper, 45 days or so after it was initially supposed to ship. You'd think they might possibly upgrade the shipping method to show they understand that's unacceptable, but you'd be wrong. So I still have more than a week to wait. I will do my best to refrain from ordering anything else directly from Severin.

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  13. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Severin literally has a single person who does their packing and shipping. When they had their bundle sale for titles with expiring rights (Bloody Birthday, The Baby, etc.) the response was massive. My bundle took almost exactly a month to arrive. Your circumstances are likely similar...a combination of lots of orders and one person getting them shipped as quickly as they can. I was in contact with Severin while I waited, so I wasn't worried once the situation was explained to me.

14. shape22

My frustration isn't with you, delicreep, so please forgive my rant.

I totally understand the logistics of their situation. At the risk of being indelicate, I don't care. I placed my Jack the Ripper order early on the day it went up for pre-order. Is there some particular reason so many other packages went out WEEKS before mine? Humorously enough, I placed the order so long ago that I don't even remember the specifics. Was it Black Friday? I can't remember anymore.

Expectations are everything. You should never say something is going to ship in December, then announce a brief manufacturing delay, then take another month or more to ship without directly updating customers who paid in advance via Paypal--especially if you're indiscriminately shipping some orders weeks before others without a defensible reason.

Severin seriously screwed up. They could have saved face with me by upgrading my shipping, not to overnight or anything expensive, just first-class mail. Would that have cost them more than $3? I doubt it.

At this point, they could offer a store-exclusive $2 blu-ray of a new 4k restoration of London After Midnight, a bonus disc containing pristine 1080p footage of the lost piranha scene from Cannibal Holocast, another bonus disc containing the original complete, unedited spider pit sequence from King Kong, PLUS the original bikini from One Million Years B.C., Raquel Welch's DNA, and all the scientific equipment I'd need to grow a clone of her at home. I wouldn't order it unless I could get it from Amazon. Maybe if they could throw in the original hero mask from Halloween as well...

Katatonia, chancetx and Zombie Dude like this.
  15. Katatonia

What ticks me off is that Severin never even responded to the damage regarding the Amicus Book or the lack of the promised free DVD's not being included. They responded to everything before, even the promise that the BF bonus would be included.

I wasn't rude in the emails or anything, I simply informed them that the book arrived damaged and asked where the promised bonus titles were.

Needless to say, if they have a BF sale next year...I could really care less now.

chancetx and Zombie Dude like this.
  16. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Not to throw gas on the fire, but I did get some extra DVDs.

17. Katatonia

Yes, that's the thanks I get for spending $100+ through them.

If it's the way they're going to run their business, I won't be ordering anything direct from them again.

In fact I emailed to just cancel the Threads Pre-order and get a refund. We'll see if I get any response back about that.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i received my package today. I'm used to shit taking forever when its shipped from the states, so the wait wasn't that big of a deal to me. I have no idea why I've received mine before people that...y'know...actually live in the same country that they were mailed from, though.

I qualified for 2 of the 3 bonus discs, and got $hopping and The Stunt Man, both DVD. I already have Stunt Man on blu, so that'll get sold. $hopping, I don't know. I've never seen it before. I don't know whether to open it and watch it, or just sell it factory sealed in the hopes of getting a few more dollars for it.

That really sucks that some people aren't getting their bonus discs. I really hope Severin makes up for that fuck up. I get that it's one guy, and mistakes will happen. But when they do, it's on them to fix them. Anything less is bad business.

Katatonia likes this.
  19. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

That really sucks, Katatonia. If you're on Facebook or Twitter I'd post something to their page about it. I imagine that would force a response. At the very least they need to replace the damaged book.

It's a shame this sale has been a bad experience for so many people. I've ordered from them many times in the past with no problem but like you I'll be leery about any future sales. I wouldn't have even cared so much about all the delays if there had been a bit more transparency and regular updates.

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  20. Katatonia

I probably should post something on Facebook, but then you often just get attacked by fans of the studio as just overreacting and being an asshole about it.

If the book would not have arrived damaged (one corner was just mangled severely), I'd honestly just have said "oh well" about the promised free titles. But two things wrong, and then no response just leaves a sour taste.

We'll see if they respond regarding my Threads pre-order cancellation request. If they just ignore that email too, then I'm done with them.

Zombie Dude likes this.