Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

x666x and Erick H. like this.
  2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Anybody get a shipping notification for the April titles? The month is almost over and my Order Status is still at "Processing". WTF?? And they expect people to preorder May titles. Ship the April titles first!

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Street dates aren't until April 30th for Severin's April releases, so they'd probably only start shipping the week before which would be sometime this week I'd guess.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Nope, nothing for my Death Warmed Up pre-order yet.

Severin are quite often late shipping out pre-orders, especially if any "bling" printing/manufacturing gets delayed. It's not even unusual to sometimes have them ship pre-orders out after the actual retail release date.

5. Katatonia

Severin are selling these at Texas Frightmare, so it should be announced "officially" soon:

[​IMG]

It's actually this movie, Night Killer (1990) directed by Claudio Fragasso and an uncredited Bruno Mattei.

[​IMG]

Nailwraps, baggio and chancetx like this.
  6. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

^Can they do that? Probably better than the real Texas 3.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  7. Katatonia

They already did it with Shocking Dark (Terminator 2) and will probably just put up a "for sale until the cease and desist order comes" disclaimer.

x666x likes this.
  8. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

9. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I tried watched Death Warmed Up a few weeks ago from an old VHS rip I’ve had for a while. I couldn’t make it through to the end - total ADD flow, very hard to sit through. I won’t be upgrading because I’m sure I’ll never watch it again.

10. elDomenechHDG

I really like that Texas Chainsaw 3 slip for Night Killer - too bad it's a Frightmare exclusive. I get why labels do exclusives; what I don't get is why they bother with convention exclusives. Conventions are typically limited to single venues, often in small cities for a day or two. It just doesn't make much financial sense to create slips to be sold (or even handed out) only at a convention. This one happens to be one of their better slips so, again, too bad.

11. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Where does it say it's a convention exclusive :confused: I'm sure Severin will have these on there site once they go up for sale.

12. elDomenechHDG

Several Blu-ray.com members claim to have been told by Severin themselves at the con. Someone said they saw a Twitter confirmation. Supposedly they'll sell whatever leftover unsold copies on their site when the preorder comes up.

13. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

I guess they can sell them for more on conventions. They know how fans operate, it's harder to resist 'on the spot' than behind your computer.

14. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Had no idea there was an unofficial TCM 3! You learn something new everyday apparently.

loutoad23 likes this.
  15. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Selling something like this as a convention exclusive might also be a good way to avoid getting a C&D notice for the slipcover. They're sold offline and even though people will talk about them online by the time anyone takes any action the convention is probably already over and they're already not being sold anymore.

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

LOL! Even taking these rumors strictly at face value: If they printed up 1000 of them and sold 100 during the convention then they'll only have 900 to put up on their site when the pre-order goes live so act quick! :rolleyes:

They're just playing "the game." It's true that it's a convention exclusive but that's a temporary situation. Just because they're not selling it anywhere else YET. Hey people like to get stuff early no matter what the price so I don't blame Severin one iota for these tactics. But they're not going to go to the expense of designing and printing these things up for ONE convention.

The Terminator 2 slip covers sat around for over a year and were unceremoniously discontinued during the 2018 Black Friday sale because they probably hit their usual print run for slip covers. No cease and desist. No lawsuits. No nothin. I doubt Terminator's licenses holders even blink at that release and I doubt TCM's license holders are going to blink now.

Katatonia likes this.
  18. Katatonia

LOL, so true...and I even got one of the Terminator 2 slip covers from Family Video! I still don't understand how that happened...especially since the Slip had a different UPC code, but that's the one they shipped out. o_O

19. elDomenechHDG

I was under the impression that Severin only printed up a certain number of Tx Chainsaw 3 slips (a couple of hundred, maybe) just for the convention. So you guys are saying they printed the usual amount of limited slips they do for ALL of their "slipped" BDs? OK, I feel better now. Because I can't fly down to Texas hoping to snag one :)

20. Katatonia

They look factory sealed in the Slipcovers (based on the photos) just like Severin's usual "exclusive" Slipcover editions are. I doubt they would have bothered pro-shrinking them all individually if they were just selling them there.

elDomenechHDG and gobad2003 like this.