Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

***UPDATE***

More details regarding the previously acknowledged replication error on disc 8 of the first batch of Al Adamson: The Masterpiece Collection: the error was introduced at our disc replicator, CAV. CAV usually does a full navigation and playability check on discs as part of their replication costs but for some reason, maybe due to their skeleton crew working over the past few weeks, this one slipped through. The good news is that as it's an error at the replication end and not an authoring error it should only take a few days to fix. Also: PLEASE NOTE that this only affects orders placed directly through the Severin site as these were shipped out early, and other retailers will get the corrected version before they fulfill any orders. As we have a record of all of these orders from our store YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY SHIPPED A REPLACEMENT DISC DIRECTLY FROM CAV. YOU DO NOT NEED TO WRITE IN TO REQUEST THE REPLACEMENT DISC. We apologize on behalf of CAV for this blight on a set we are otherwise immensely proud of and contrary to internet rumors there have been no fatal issues found affecting any of the other discs in the box. Please enjoy the other 13 discs in the meantime and the replacement of Disc 8 should be with you by the end of this month, still ahead of street date from other outlets. If you have any further questions please write to discreplacement@cavd.com.

https://www.facebook.com/severinfilms/photos/a.189472665037/10163777493930038/?type=3&theater

Katatonia likes this.
  3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Nice that they're waiting a full month after the Vinegar Syndrome sale, so we don't have to pick and choose which one we'll spend money on. Instead, we'll hit up both!

m@ggot likes this.
  5. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I just hope they have their act together with their site this time, in the past it's been barely functional during sales.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I guess Severin must already have the corrected discs in hand then. I received an email earlier that my pre-order set had shipped.

satans-sadists likes this.
  7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

8. Katatonia

I received my Al Adamson set today from Severin. The "replacement disc" for Disc #8 arrived separately in the mail from CAV.

The "boarding pass" ticket was also included outside separately of the box set.

I haven't yet had a chance to go through the discs yet or anything, but the actual box is far smaller than I thought it would be. That's fine with me though... I'm glad it wasn't the size of the Ingmar Bergman or Herschell Gordon Lewis box sets.

satans-sadists and MorallySound like this.
  9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

MorallySound likes this.
  10. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I've noticed the Adamson set has been available for preorder on the Severin site for awhile now. Did they end up pressing more copies or was that initial sellout just a fluke? I've been on the fence about this one, part of me hoping it sells out so I don't have to make the decision and the other part worrying I'll miss out.

11. Katatonia

I'm pretty sure it's strictly at the 2000 limited sets they initially announced, since it's been "sold out" on the Severin website for a while now...except for a few showing up again due to order cancellations. Then again, it's also being sold at retailers like Amazon... so no telling how many are out there in the retail marketplace still.

chancetx likes this.
  12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Personally I love sets like this because I've never heard of Al Adamson, never seen or heard of those films, and I don't have to be tempted by the set at all :p

chancetx likes this.
  13. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

It's a really nice looking set though. I know some of the titles and am curious about a few others. I'd probably mostly be interested in the documentary though since the movies themselves aren't ones I'd be likely to rewatch much.

And I jinxed it! Just went to the Severin site and it's sold out again. Oh well, decision made for me! ;)

14. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I grew up pre internet days and always loved horror movies. Whenever I saw a horror or science fiction book at the book store or advertised in one of the many magazines I subscribed to I would buy it. This made me familiar with many actors, directors, and films that I hadn't had the chance to see. Whenever the TV guide used to arrive I would look through the entire thing and circle the films I wanted to watch. Today everything is available at your fingertips which is great but also takes away some of the magic of finally being able to see a movie that you've heard about and always wanted to watch. Personally I passed on the Adamson set as I didn't feel the entertainment value was worth the price. I've seen a few of the films in the set and the ones I hadn't weren't really on my radar.

KGBRadioMoskow and Zombie Dude like this.
  15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

gobad2003, Katatonia and MorallySound like this.
  16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Got my Al Adamson Masterpiece Collection boxset today, and it is beautiful! Can't wait to dive in head first (and my replacement for Disc 8 should most definitely be here before I even get to it)!

Katatonia and satans-sadists like this.
  17. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. Those initial days when you couldn't just jump online and download whatever you were interested in seeing made it a more fun adventure kind of thing.

18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Katatonia likes this.