Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Standalone documentaries should never be counted among mystery title teasers. Those slots should all be reserved for actual films.

Zombie Dude and f.ramses like this.
  2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I saw Fulci For Fake last month, and it's not very good. It'd be fine as a disc special feature, but as a standalone release it seems like a waste.

Here's what I wrote on the forums here about it:

Fulci For Fake - This is a Fulci biopic that will probably be of interest to those here, but personally I found it quite disappointing. You will get much better info by watching the extra features on the disc releases for his movies. This doesn't spend a lot of time on his movies themselves, but moreso the personal tragedies that happened in his life behind the scenes. The primary interviewee here is his daughter, who passed away shortly after the movie was made. The movie does briefly mention how these personal tragedies manifested in his movies, specifically The New York Ripper, but also kind of glosses over that. I'd say they're pretty prevalent in Aenigma, which is never mentioned. Also, the director mentions that he will be playing Fulci in a movie, but it is never really clear if he is actually a Fulci fan or if he is just researching the role. I'd guess the later, as everything here is largely superficial. It's also a vanity project for him, as the camera focuses on him during interviews when it should really be on the interviewee. He also uses every opportunity to get shirtless, even doing an unnecessary hotel scene with him and a naked woman that comes off as needlessly Weinstein-esque.

4. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I love Fulci but docs have very little value to me. Plenty of his films need upgrades to Blu.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

MID YEAR TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT #4
    Severin Films Presents Jess Franco's Shining Sex. Available to pre-order on our website starting June 26.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

satans-sadists likes this.
  6. foller

foller Active Member

Does the documentary just offer talking heads or does it also include scenes from the movies and behind the scenes footage?

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Clips and behind-the-scenes footage are scarce. It's not so much about his movies, it's more about his personal life. The primary interviewee is his daughter Camilla, who talks about her accident and the death of her mother.

If you're expecting a deep dive into his filmography and the making-of his films, you will be sorely disappointed.

Myron Breck and foller like this.
  8. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Only reason Severin is even announcing this is to pad their release schedule. The higher the number, the more hype. Sad truth is, Severin is such a shit company that they don't realize nobody cares about their stupid sales. Who gets excited buying botched junk?

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  9. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

gobad2003, russweiss and Angelman like this.
  10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

gobad2003, Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

gobad2003, Steel76 and Katatonia like this.
  13. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

If anyone was still hoping to buy the Adamson Box Amazon has them for $169.99 but they only list having 13 on hand.

X-human likes this.
  14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

15. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I checked on this title yesterday and Amazon showed only 2 left in stock. Today I looked again and now the price is $295.98 only available from third party sellers. There are still some copies available on Ebay for $164.99 plus $3.99 shipping.

16. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

lol Totally. I heard about Severin rereleasing The Beast Must Die and I STILL went and ordered the Indicator import release. Terrible, terrible company. Even their replacement discs are fucked up.

elDomenechHDG and Zombie Dude like this.
  17. Katatonia

No contest. I wouldn't even consider getting the Severin release of The Beast Must Die.

When they screwed up The Changeling replacement discs, and then later "silently" corrected those to a version 3 replacement disc in retail editions — yet will purposely ignore anyone contacting them about obtaining a version 3 replacement disc (even if you originally bought it direct at Severin), that's really when I began to hate this company. I still have never heard of anyone ever getting a response from Severin if they ask about a version 3 replacement disc.

After they ignored all emails about it, I even put a note in my Severin order for the Al Adamson set, just asking if I could get a version 3 disc for The Changeling, and even quoting my original order from them for that. That way they wouldn't even have to pay any extra shipping, just stick one in the box. Of course...nothing came.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. maybrick

The Changeling was the proverbial straw, and I can’t believe that douchebag company made me miss my chance to get the import at an affordable price. Now it’s too late, so fuck them all to hell!

Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.
  19. Katatonia

I bought both since I love the film so much, and really don't regret doing that now. I may even just sell off the Severin release at some point. The metallic Slipcover looks awesome... but the original disc (and replacement disc) are poop. o_O

20. maybrick

Is there any benefit to keeping Severin’s disc at all if you own Second Sight’s? I hope they’ll reissue it at some point. I don’t need special packaging, I just want a disc without defects.