Share the shame: Worst horror films in your collection

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Apr 13, 2003.

1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

You could not have been more warned about that one you know. You have no one to blame but yourself. Well, that is unless you take the betterdan approach and blame the girlfriend.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2004
  2. skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy New Member

my worst dvds....

1. SHATTER DEAD - only bought it because stupid houseofhorrors.com guy said it was a great independent. I made better zombie movies when i was in grade 2

2. EATEN ALIVE (tobe hooper movie) - I only watched it once liek 2 years ago and i was so bored by it. i should really give it another try.

3. BURIED ALIVE - it is funny, but really boring

4. BEGOTTEN - only got it because i heard so much about it when i was in highschool. and i loved shadow of the vampire. Just a boring movie. it actually looks really cool, but it's not. if you watch it in fast forward it is much better.

5. LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE - very boring movie. got it as a present

6. THE SLIME PEOPLE - got as a present. havent bother watching more than 5 minutes

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

In this case I blame betterdan. He made me get it ;)
    Seriously, there's no excuse for this. I've heard the warnings but still ...

I should be slapped silly or kicked in the nuts ... or both.

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

You asked for it Billy [​IMG]

I'm serious my girlfriend did buy that movie just like she bought Cheaper by the Dozen today :rolleyes:
    I of course have much better taste. :D

5. atkot

atkot Guest

I'm another one who got The Dead Hate The Living really cheap and I wish I hadn't.
    If I ever need a dollar or fifty cents really bad I'll take it to a used dvd store.

If Hatred Of A Minute didn't have a Bruce Campbell commentary, then I would have probably given it away for free just to get rid of it.

And I'm not going to get started on my Brentwood 10 packs.LOL

6. Number Six

Number Six I am not a number...

No one here has Unhinged?! Man, that is the piece-of-shit to end ALL pieces-of-shit. :cry:

I WIN!!!

7. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

I have Unhinged and its nowhere near the worst movie I own. I kinda like it.

8. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I also have unhinged. I kinda like it too :)

9. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I have Eaten Alive and Legend of hell house and i would never get rid of them i love both those films, expecially Hell House. it's a Minor Classic in my book.

10. Peter's Worst movies...

Fright Night....sike...just kidding people!

No, on the serious tip:

The Carnosaur Collection - At the time, I thought $15 was a steal for a trilogy of movies...well damn it, I really got what I paid for in this "thrillogy" of movies. Garbage.

Netherworld - Now here's a blind buy that didn't pay off. I bought it for the cover and the less than $5 price tag alone. Argh!!!

Argento's Phantom of the Opera - Another blind buy that didn't pay off. Again, the $6 price tag was appealing & it was an Argento flick...how bad could it be? Also, the DVD cover says both Full Screen & Widescreen...tell ya what guys...I can't find my widescreen version of the movie & I looked all over this friggin' disc!

Hammer's Plague of the Zombies - I may be in my late 20's, but I'm still open minded about the classics...though this particular "classic" simply bored me to tears! Toooooo much dialogue, it frggin' wasted 1 1/2+ hours of my life! The best thing about this movie?... Was that I bought this DVD cheap too...a sweet $2.99 at Suncoast.

Well at LEAST I have to say that, with the exception of the Carnosaur films, I paid $6 or less for my garbage horror films.

Edit: Dang, I just realized I posted stuff on the 8th page of this thread...I can't even remember where I've posted B4....I'm getting old!!!!!!!
    (hittin' 30 on June 24th :nervous: )

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2004
  11. Numania

Numania Guest

Anything Sub Rosa...I couldn't even get through Flesh Freaks. Rockabilly Vampire is pretty bad, too (not Sub Rosa).

12. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I love Dr.Giggles.I don't know how many times I've watched it :D

13. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I hate these guys. It is too bad they're the ones picking up Bride of Frank, because I don't want to give them money. Bride of Frank is a damn fine film. Fucked up as all hell, and Sub Rosa's normal shit can't even touch it.

14. puddytay

puddytay Guest

Dr. giggles
    Suicide Club
    Amityville Horror, The
    Blood Dolls (1999)
    Cube 2: Hypercube (2002)
    House of the Dead (2003)
    Phantom of the Opera
    Repo Man
    Slumber Party Massacre (1982)

15. Numania

Numania Guest

From the looks of it, they're doing quite a job. This release seems to be packed with extras. And McC, due to your recommendation, I'll be picking this up.

16. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

The first Slumber Party Massacre KICKS ASS!!!

Actually the first and the third Slumber Party Massacres are both really good. The second one however is total crap, Ill give you that.

17. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

And on the subject of Sub Rosa, I want Scrapbook, but Ill never buy it from them. Thats how much of a grudge I have against these guys.

18. skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy New Member

I love REPO MAN! Cube 2 was ok. never would buy it on dvd. i think the $2 vhs copy i have is too much. Amityville horror is alright. just kind of boring.

19. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

A lot of people bash the Carnosaur flicks, but I enjoy the first two, especially the second one.

20. tyuun

tyuun New Member

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
    Nightmare City
    R.S.V.P.
    Shock Waves
    I'm pretty sure that's the worst of my collection.