Short Night of Glass Dolls

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Andrew, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

SPOILERS

Okay, I just watched this, and think it's an amazing film, but I'm still extremely confused. If you've seen it and you can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. I think I have it figured out, but I'm not sure.

So okay, Greg isn't really dead, but in a coma like state. All of the scenes involving him running around are memories of what happened leading up to his "demise". First of all, is the killer (the guy who actually kills the bearded fat friend guy) the "lead" guy of the cult towards the end? Or is he unimportant? Or is he just someone else? Why is Mira dead in his fridge with a gun? Who's the girl on the table at the end orgy? Why do they want to kill Greg. Really if someone could just explain the whole film to me I'd greatly appreciate it

END SPOILERS

To those who have not yet seen the film, I highly recommend it, but this is one of those that will require multiple viewings. I'm going to watch the director's next film WHO SAW HER DIE? tonight and will give a brief synopsis or opinion or ask more questions tomorrow :).

ONE LAST THING, NOT A SPOILER BUT IF YOU LIKE GOING INTO FILMS COMPLETELY BLIND, STOP READING

This is far from a traditional giallo, as there isn't a single on screen kill. More of a mystery/drama. Excellent film though, highly recommended.

2. Yowie

Yowie Hologram

Can't wait to get mine !. About the killing business; that doesn't matter all that much to me, in the end what matters to me is if it's gorgeous to look at ('70s thrillers often are) then it's already a winner with me.

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Okay, I understand what I didn't understand. It's not as complicated as I thought it was. Still don't have a fucking clue why she was in the fridge though (with a gun no less).

Yowie - it's a beautiful film, but rather drab with colors. Still very good and there are several extremely well lit scenes (one involving hiding in a dark room).

4. pappy

pappy Guest

Andrew
    you should explain the movie to us that are still confused Im watching my collection now and Short night of Glass Dolls is my favorite so far but i don't have a clue to what is going on in most of the film. I watch The Case of the Bloody Iris tonight.

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Okay, I will, I have a lot of time on my hands today so after I finish BLUE VELVET and watch THE BLOODSTAINED SHADOW, I'll try to watch this again and post something here. It won't be too in depth though, because I should be writing a review for the site in my sig. That one won't have spoilers though, and the one I do here will just explain it. Yeah I'm making this sound so important - in short, I'll watch it again and explain all the confusing shit. :)

6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Katatonia and maskull like this.
  7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

maskull and Angelman like this.
  8. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yep me too. Already have the Camera Obscura release and the whole trying to keep track of when to put in orders for TT
    Is a bit of a pain anyway. Unless I hear something that makes the TT vastly superior that is.

Katatonia likes this.
  9. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/twilightti...ZPmqssBOKvwX5MCd4hDaDK79WiNT7S18yQw&__tn__=-R

Still no idea whether this is using the Camera Obscura master or the lesser 88 Films master or what language tracks it will or won't feature. I think the original Camera Obscura digibook is OOP, but a standard case Blu-Ray was released last year, minus the DVD and booklet, with a more reasonable price than what is likely for this TT release.