Should Code Red release Nightmare now! or hold out for the interview to be done?

Discussion in 'General' started by spawningblue, Feb 16, 2011.

?

Nightmare DVD now! or later with interview?

1. Now!

43 vote(s)
    82.7%
  2. Later with interview.

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Hopefully Code Red will do this on their own site to see what the fans want, but I thought I would get a decision from the members here. Who knows, maybe this will help Bill decide what to do with this movie that has been sitting on their shelf for several years now.

So what do you think, should Bill just release Nightmare now since it has been delayed for years now, bare bones, trailer at best? Or should Code Red continue to hold out until the interview in finished being subtitled, which could be another year or two at the earliest?

Will just the movie be good enough, or do you want it (After all this wait) with extras or nothing?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

like most supplemental materials, it's a watch-once-forget-about-it deal...the movie? multiple views on the first day...give it to me now...

3. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Now or they could do like Synapse did with Street Trash and release a barebones release now and a special edition down the road. Some, I'd wager many, would simply like to own it as quickly as possible.

4. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I agree with this sentiment.

However, either way is fine with me…maybe it’s because I’ve already seen the film, but I’m sort of indifferent.

The interview would be cool as I really want to hear Scavolini’s take on the whole Savini situation. But I also understand people just wanting to get the movie. Either way is fine by me…just as long it gets released within the year. Ha!

I wouldn’t want them to do the Street Trash re-release thing though. That situation was a little different as Synapse had an entire documentary and a second disc packed with extras…all we’re waiting for is an interview, and frankly I don’t think that warrants a double dip. I'd probably just by the first version of the DVD and then watch the interview on youtube within the month.

Seriously...there isn't anybody else that Code Red can contact who speaks Italian? Maybe Bill should talk to my Grandma... Ha!

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

just release it now damn it i am so sick of waiting..

still no word on rituals if the april 5th is still solid and no info on nightmare maker butcher baker dvd either

6. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

The above posts said it all... release it now.

Also, if the interview is that long, maybe we could save some A/V quality by not including it.

7. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

Since I don't care about special features (watching them just takes up time that I could be spending watching other movies), I say release it now and get it over with.

8. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

They should just release the titles they have talked about for years anyway. The extras are very rarely as impressive as the films themselves.

9. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Now..before I'm dead! :cry::lol:

10. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Later with the interview. It's already being taken of, why stop something that isn't?

11. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

What everyone else above says. Code Red complains about sales, but THIS people would buy because they've been asking for it FOREVER. I don't think anyone, anywhere, was looking for Night of the Dribbler or The Undertaker (even though I DO love me some Spinell...)

12. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

With how long this whole mess is taking, Bill could have learned Italian by now and translated Scavolini himself.

13. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Having never seen this one, I really don't care either way. However, if it's only a matter of a single interview that I'll only watch once then they should probably just release it. It's not like STREET TRASH, where they had a slew of extras to offer up...is it?

14. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I'm not familiar with the movie, so I don't really care either way, but...

In general, I think movies should be released in their best form, with all possible extras, the first time. If it takes longer, so be it.

Now, I'm not at all familiar with the situation (as some here seem to be), but there is no good reason that something that's been filmed can't be translated and subtitled in less than a year. Is this a professional operation, or mom and pop working out of their basement?

15. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

With the exception of the first fifteen minutes, Nightmare is pretty lousy. I found it boring and the "surprise" ending rather weak. However, it is bloody and has some fans.

As for the translation, wasn't someone from this forum constantly complaining they were doing it for free and too busy to finish it?

16. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Now! I RARELY ever watch interviews anyway. Main Movie, alternate scenes/ending and deleted scenes - das it!

17. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Ya and that's what kind of gets me. He offered to do it for free because the release was taking so long. Now he's too busy with his own work. And I understand that PAYING jobs are priority, but if he's too busy, he should be handing it off to someone else. If he knew his schedule was going to be hectic, he shouldn't have taken the fucking task on in the first place. He originally took on this task to get the release moving along and now he's the reason it's been halted again! DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?!

I'm sure I'll get a paragraph from him now, defending himself by saying he doesn't need to defend himself.

18. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Bonus features are just as important as the movie for me. Sometimes more so if it's a mediocre movie. Wait until everything's done to release it, but it seriously should not take 3 years to find someone who speaks Italian.

19. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. its not like there aren't other discs for me to spend my money on. as long as it DOES eventually get released, i can wait as long as it takes for the best edition to be released.

anybody remember how up-in-arms people used to get over double-dipping? and now people are actually requesting it? i don't get it.

20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Now. Screw the interview, that damn thing is taking far too long to translate.