Should I request Shout Factory to consider releasing Fright Night 2?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spacetraveler, Aug 22, 2012.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

On DVD, you're right. Anchor Bay milked it. I just want the Argento, Theatrical and Director's Cut along with "Document of the Dead" and all the other glorious extras in 1080p.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

we need the ultimate 156 min german cut in english i got a bootleg in english but pic quality isnt that great:p

3. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

I looked at Scream Factory's faceboom page, there wa smany many request for FRIGHT NIGHT 2, so Idont think you need to ask them to look into it, for they probably already did

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Over at the blu-ray.com forums, Shout Factory is getting hammered with movie requests, and Fright Night 2 has already been brought up several times.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I have that as well. We all have our favorites that we just can't get enough of. Romero's original trilogy just happens to be mine.

6. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Including the people on this forum.

I kid I kid. Don't take that personally, I just saw an opportunity for a zinger there. You're all right.

And you're probably correct about DVD companies too. A lot of people seem to think there's this room of guys sitting around doing absolutely nothing, playing darts, shooting crumpled wads of paper into wastebaskets, then they get an E-mail from someone requesting a title. "Holy shit! Dawn of the Dead SE on Blu-Ray? Why the hell didn't we think of that?? Let's start immediately!!" I'm sure these people are constantly banging out E-mails and phone calls to various studios to try to get material to release. It's probably frustrating work, and there's about a million titles they WANT to release but can't.

As for why they won't say "Hopefully we can get that out" or even "No", this is the internet age. All you need is one DVD rep saying "Yeah, we're looking into that" to cause someone else to post that on some message board saying such-and-such comany is gonna release such-and-such title on Blu!!!!! Then if the deal falls through, they look like idiots, and another flood of slagging on the internet of "Why can't they deliver the title they promised???"

It's better for them to just stay close-lipped about everything they're doing until it's more certain. Just the way it works....

7. CPT HOOK

When Shout Factory announced the deal with Universal and the Scream Factory titles, the blu-ray.com forums opened a discussion thread with Cliff from Shout himself.

Instead of asking questions about the Universal deal or their announced releases (Halloween 2 & 3, The Funhouse, Terror Train, etc), about 95% of the posts are requests for other movies. Some people are posting long lists of titles.

I think that people are under the impression that obtaining movie rights is easier than it actually is. Cliff has been a really good sport about it, responding to many of the posts and letting people know who owns the rights to what movies. But that has to get annoying.

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yup. Back in the day, we'd have DVD producers do a chat right here on this site. But all it ever ended up being is "Can you release this title? That title? The other one?"

Of course, other than getting titles released, what else WOULD you ask a DVD producer? I guess that's why you don't see this kind of thing anymore, on this site or others.

9. fceurich39

i way anchor bay is handling blu-ray releases i'm not sure if i want to see demons1,2 phantasm and heck even dawn of the dead ultimate edition on blu-ray from them whoops i cant believe i even said that:rolleyes:

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I think they'd do good transfers on those, but as for the extras we've learned that Anchor Bay doesn't care and will simply flip a coin.

11. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yuk yuk yuk :rolleyes:

12. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

Cliff told me once he can't stand the FRIGHT NIGHT movies, and he also doesn't like Gary Jones' MOSQUITO. All three films I have suggested to him for a Shout Factory release. I was curious then how much does personal preference play in what flicks Cliff goes after? Okay, so he doesn't like those three movies, but what if he got a lot of responses for them, and found out he could get a hold of them. Would he? Food for thought.

13. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

For one thing I don't know how any horror fan couldn't at least like the original Fright Night.

Another thing it shouldn't matter if he likes the movies requested or not. It should matter what WE, the consumer, wants. If he can get his hands on the titles, release them!!

14. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

So just to be sure I'm understanding this, Shout! has an individual who will discuss titles that they own, don't own and why, however I should hang my head in shame for asking studios that have profitted off of these films since they own them if it's "possible" to see a specific title on their radar for the not to distant future. I'm not looking for everyone to stop what they are doing to produce what I request. I wanna hear "Currently we have not received much demand for that film." Or, "We have received several reqests in regards to that title. We may concider it for production in the future." It's been five years since Anchor Bay released "Dawn of the Dead" on Blu-ray. Just though it wouldn't hurt to let them know that I would love an upgrade.

15. dressedtokill

dressedtokill New Member

It has nothing to do with him not liking the movie, he knows that if there is a public for the movie. The fact is actually getting the movie and that's the problem. He has actually stated that they wanted to release the Fright Night movies but right now Twilight Time has the rights (the only last 3 years though)...

16. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I want Mosquito on blu!

17. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Fright Night Part II will be on AMC in HD tonight at 3:00 AM Eastern / 11:00 PM Pacific.

18. fceurich39

here here i still got the oop dvd and vhs but would love an upgrade dunno who owns the rights to this flick i still remember seeing it listed in fangoria's chopping list and said special edition from blue undergroundlol

19. CPT HOOK

Fright Night Part 2 is now available on Amazon Prime streaming, in HD and widescreen.

Company info says Vista Organization.

Workshed, fceurich39 and Angelman like this.
  20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok, here's a question I looking for help on.

This is what I know:
    There's a German release by 84' Entertainment. They released a Mediabook All Region set. There was a problem with the audio (it was mono) so 84' Entertainment had a replacement program and fixed it to Stereo.

Now, they (same company) just released in November an Amaray-Version. Cheaper obviously. So my problem is that I'm reading that possibly the new Amaray-Version by 84' is using the same MONO problem disc from the first pressing of the Mediabook. :confused:

Also, wanted to add. That I read that 84' wasn't' doing the replacement program anymore, BUT if you buy the Mediabook from say Amazon.de they will ship the Mediabook with the corrected Blu, taped to the set. Have zero clue how 84' is handling the Amaray-Version. Seems like the only way to go is spend more for the Mediabook and get the proper Blu, instead of going the cheaper route and having to wait for a replacement program for the Amaray-Version.

Can anyone confirm this or shed some light on the whole thing. Sorry if it sounds confusing. Thanks.