Shout! Factory's 2011 DVD Line-Up (Tentative)

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn Francis, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

Pre-order link now up for BAD DREAMS/VISITING HOURS

2. cjg

cjg Active Member

Thanks for the heads up Got my order in at Amazon for 10.94

3. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

Vampires, Mummies & Monsters, 2 Disc Collection (Timewalker/Grotesque ('88)/The Velvet Vampire/Lady Frankenstein) NOW up for pre-order. Link in opening post.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I just watched Moving Violation on Fox Movie Channel. I really enjoyed it, I am definitely going to have to pick up the double feature DVD with Fighting Mad.

*SPOILER WARNING*
    Question though, my DVR cut off before the end. It cut off as Cam was climbing the fence, with Eddie waiting on the other side. I'm assuming that this is how the movie ended, but I just want to be sure. Did anything happen after this?

5. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

That's how it ends.

6. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Cool,just saw VISITING HOURS in the theater last week in Durham,great (newly discovered) 35mm. print.I'd never seen it straight through before,enjoyed it.I never grabbed the old OOP DVD,this makes tracking the film down a lot easier.Any extras on that ?

7. Korngold

Korngold New Member

Not to go off-topic, but...

Erick... Retrofantasma at the Carolina Theater? I'm in Raleigh! That double feature is awesome. Anyone near the Triangle needs to go and support those people.

I saw a double feature of Happy Birthday to me and Alice, Sweet Alice. My first time seeing Alice and I feel deeply in love with it.

Sadly, my new job is second shift so I won't be going in the near future, but Retrofantasma is an incredible experience.

8. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

Cliff said all the extras on the old DVD will be ported over, plus they'll be adding some new stuff. He didn't say what that new stuff is, though.

9. Erick H.

Thanks a lot for the info !

10. Erick H.

Hey,glad to hear that somebody else on the site is catching the great Retrofantasma screenings in Durham ! You're lucky to be nearby,it's nearly a four hour run for me,usually make a weekend of it.Of course with the refurbishments to the theater going on now there won't be another regular Retro screening until October.
    I'd wanted to go to the Carolina for years and finally made my first run with my friends last October.My first double bill was HALLOWEEN 3 and TERROR IN THE AISLES.Since then I've caught doubles of HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME and ALICE SWEET ALICE (you're right,great film ! ),TERROR TRAIN and THE FOG,JAWS 2 and THE LEGACY and the recent EYES OF LAURA MARS and VISITING HOURS.The Carolina has fast become one of my favorite theatrical spots,great venue with guys who really know what they're doing !

Oh, caught a double at the Colony Theater in Raleigh last April too,ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 and THOU SHALT NOT KILL...EXCEPT.Those exploitation screenings are great fun too !

11. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I may re-purchase this since there may be a new perk or two for Visiting Hours. I found the audio on the Anchor Bay DVD too low so I'm hoping the newer one is more evened out.
    Ah, yes, Memorial Day weekend 1982 - my ma took me to see this. We walked in when Lee Grant is just about to be attacked in her house. She enjoyed it so we actually stayed for the next showing and watched it all again from the beginning. That was on Sunday and the place had a handful of people. I went again the very next day with a friend from school. :p

12. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

Just learned via Cliff that there probably isn't anything new now on VISITING HOURS. He said no one connected with the movie would talk to him. Not even Michael Ironside.

13. Bobholly

Bobholly New Member

That sucks. I recently saw that FMC was airing this. So I DVRed it. Haven't watched it yet.

14. Korngold

Korngold New Member

Oh man! We were in the same audience for Halloween 3 and Terror in the Aisles as well! That is awesome.

One day I have to try and get off work early to get to the Carolina Theater again. The people who run it are great and the audience is really some true blue horror fans.

15. Erick H.

Pretty cool that we crossed paths,even without knowing it ! The Carolina is great,I really love getting down there when I can.Jim Carl is the programmer at the Carolina and he's a great guy and really knows his horror flicks ! That place has the best audiences too,they really LOVE horror movies and aren't jerks about it either.These are real horror fans,not like so many of the regular screenings I go to where people are always texting and on the phone.Great place !

16. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

You mean no Michael Ironside & William Shattner commentary?
    Well damn it anyway lol

17. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

Cliff has annouced the acquisition of these films: BIG BUST OUT, ANGELS HARD AS THEY COME, BURY ME AN ANGEL, NAKED ANGEL, STUDENT NURSES, PRIVATE DUTY NURSES, NIGHT CALL NURSES, THE YOUNG NURSES, CANDY STRIPE NURSES, THE HOT BOX, SWEET KILL, "and a few others" he hasn't mentioned yet.

18. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Great news. Originally Cliff was saying Shout! was disappointed in sales, much like BCI was disappointed with his previous work, and I was fearing the same things were going to happen all over again. But now they're releasing more on Blu-ray and snatching up even more titles from Corman. All good omens.

Somewhat surprised they picked up the nurses series; I was being cynical and thought they wouldn't come back and order anything more. Hopefully they'll put'em all up on Blu-ray because I own them twice over on DVD now.

19. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

That´s a lot o Angels and a lot o Nurses...:sperm:

20. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Yeah but sometimes you can't get enough nurses if you know what i mean?