Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn Francis, Sep 2, 2011.
His name is The Tall Man.
Does he prefer Mr. Man, or can I call him, The Tall?
Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me! You knew who I meant though, right? I could have said Cochran reminds me of that old guy with the balls from that other movie.
Or his preffered name, Francis Q. Hufflewhipple.
Actually, if you're going to get that technical then his name is Jebediah Morningside, fuckers!
Deadly Blessing had legit DVD releases in other regions which I'm sure a lot of fans have already. A blu release would be welcome.
Shout! doesn't mention if the titles they're re-releasing are digitally remastered. It would be awesome to get a cleaned-up version of Halloween II for once.
Any word on when we can expect cover art, specs and release date(s) for Phantasm II and They Live?
Bumped into the guy who's doing the cover art for these releases on Facebook and he says THE FUNHOUSE cover should be up next, once Universal approves it.
I contacted Shout! asking if these new releases will be region free. They told me they wont.
When is The Funhouse coming out?
Any word on the features? I'm assuming Hooper will give another commentary?
I assume this first wave are the ones that Cliff told me would be released between September and November, so FUNHOUSE is in there somewhere. Won't know anything until Scream Factory and/or Cliff says something on his Facebook page.
From what I've gathered here and on the other forums, they are still wrapping up the extras for the Halloween movies. After that, they are moving on to Terror Train. And it sounds like The Funhouse might be in line after that.
So even though we've got the titles, the rest is still a work in progress. I'm sure that the updates will be posted here as soon as they're available.
Over at Scream Factory's Facebook page:
"We're hoping to share with you our new key art for THE FUNHOUSE within the next two weeks!"
Just posted on Scream Factory's Facebook:
"BREAKING NEWS!! Both the DVD and Blu-ray skus of HALLOWEEN II will now have a 2nd DVD disc that includes the rare Television version of H2 that many fans have been asking for. This version is quite the trip if you've never seen it as it includes different edits of the film and original, deleted footage not seen in the theatrical version."
I would rather see the deleted scenes available separately so I don't have to watch or scan through the whole movie again to see them. On the plus side this means that the deleted scenes that weren't included on the Universal Blu will be available here.
And the ones that were will be there too! That said, here's my reaction:
Definitely agree with this. I can live without Terror In The Aisles, as I doubt I will ever watch it again. But I'll have to hang on to the Universal disc solely for this.
I would probably never watch the entire TV cut unless it is available in hi-def as well. I doubt that it will be, so I'd rather just have the additional scenes to watch. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to upgrade, but this could be a deal breaker for me.
Really excited for the rest of the releases though!
The H2 blu-ray will include the television cut?!?!?!?! Best blu-ray. Release. Ever.
Who fucking cares? We're getting the FUCKING TELEVISION VERSION guys. If you know the movie well enough, you'll notice the different scenes. I you want the separate scenes, look them up on YouTube. We're getting a version of the film with the scenes added BACK IN. That is way more than we couldve asked for so stop complaining. Jeez.
THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME NEWS
List of posts from Scream Factory's page about this new information:
- "BREAKING NEWS!! Both the DVD and Blu-ray skus of HALLOWEEN II will now have a 2nd DVD disc that includes the rare Television version of H2 that many fans have been asking for. This version is quite the trip if you've never seen it as it includes different edits of the film and original, deleted footage not seen in the theatrical version."
- "TV cut will be only on DVD but will be included as a 2nd disc in the Blu-ray package. The TV version will not be mixed with the theatrical Rated R version and the nudity, swearing, etc. will be edited out."
- "Our list of participants is not complete but yes, the nurses have been contacted."
- ".... no, the TV cut will not be in HD. The master is from the '80s, so it will be in SD in both the DVD and the BD... not much we could do about this. We were lucky to find it. The master was incorrectly marked AMC MASTE. So, a few months ago, I asked Universal to make me a screener of the AMC master because I was hoping it was the Network Cut... and it was!!!"
- "It's fullscreen, of course, it was Network TV in the eighties."