Shriek of the Mutilated

Discussion in 'General' started by SaviniFan, Jan 29, 2003.

1. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Just picked up Shriek of the Mutilated on DVD at BB. I've yet to see this movie, and I understand that it's low budget shlock. But I was hoping to get an opinion or 2 from people who have already seen this.

2. JRBTempe

JRBTempe Guest

SHRIEK is one of my campy old favorites...it's not exactly what it appears to be, sort of THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT of its day, LOL. Just watched the DVD last night, ironically!

Be forewarned...despite Retromedia's attempts to restore the film, the print looks pretty awful and they had the audacity to replace the Hot Butter song "Popcorn" with some of Fred Olen Ray's own surf rock (presumably to avoid relicensing the song which would have been cost-prohibitive).

If you like '70s camp like EQUINOX, GRIZZLY or most anything else on the Retromedia label from that era, you'll probably love SHRIEK OF THE MUTILATED as much as I do...

3. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

For the record, the review at Mondo Digital was written by Nathaniel Thompson (who writes 99% of the stuff there) - everything I write for the site has my name at the bottom.

That said, I pretty much agree entirely with his review. The print is definitely rough around the edges, but it looks and sounds better than before and fans of junk like INVASION OF THE BLOOD FARMERS should enjoy it.

4. Sorry about that. I'm new here. :p

5. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

This was a fun one, I definitly need the disc!

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

This was just added to Amazon Prime by Shout Factory.

Never seen it, but I've always wanted to. Will watch soon.

7. MaxRenn

MaxRenn Active Member

8. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I saw this film on a weekly "bad movie" program called Disasterpiece Theater around 1980. It was late on Friday night and it was hosted by a guy called Sal U. Lloyd. It was a similar premise to Elvira's Movie Macabre show where they would make fun of bad movies.

View attachment 9552