Shriek Show DVD Cover Artwork

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Jason25, Jan 25, 2003.

1. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

What did the original cover look like?

2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

this is the original artwork. and from blasters description, i am guessing this is the original cover, thats what i ment by my post.

[​IMG]

3. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

That looks much better than what they have now. They should have used the original.

4. Although I have nothing against the new cover, I must say that the original one is much better.

5. Here's the flipside to the Werewolf Woman cover:

[​IMG]

6. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

This looks a bit like a dvd from REDEMPTION, any dvd from them to be honest!
    I agree. The original SPASMO looks better.

7. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

The Werewolf Woman cover looks good. Media Blasters is a mixed bag with covers. Some are good and some are terrible. There seems to be no middle ground.

8. DefJeff

i think that flip side to werewolf woman sucks. it looks cheap, like a Seductive Sinema cover.

9. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

I agree. The back cover looks sleazy.

10. Yep. I don't like it either. I'll be keeping the original artwork too.

11. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Flipside isn't that great, but let step up to the plate and say I'd pound her from here to kingdom come! :sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

12. blaster

blaster Guest

Good Man!!!

A man with honesty and after my own heart...but anyway,

you have the option on Werewolf Woman to just turn the cover over for original artwork which I like also...again it will depend on the case, not everyone nows about euro-horror and we want to expand the genre as far as it will go and that head does not cut it...

every sales person and honestly myself think the head shot kind of, well you get the idea...as for seven blood stained orchids that was orginal artwork used on a one sheet...

For spasmo you can see the original artwork in the DVD in the gallery with a really nice lobby card set...I understand the hardcores like in anime always want the original Japanese covers, want the original covers but we listen and try and please all ...

as for some of our covers not kicking butt...if there is one thing I can say we always had great artwork...now transfers well we have finally reached a decent point...

I promise in all cases we will use original covers and in cases we want to be a little sexier we will do double sided..should keep everyone happier...ok...

-blaster:evil:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2003
  13. Blue Holocaust

Blue Holocaust New Member

[​IMG]

I have a few comments to make regarding the My Dear Killer cover...
    It looks real nice but the circular saw thing seems to be a bit overkill!
    Maybe you also should have kept the child-like theme (the hand-written logo & the stabbed doll) of the original posters/lobbycards/whatever...
    Anyway, I'm loving that all these gialli are coming out, that's really exciting.
    And I think the new Spasmo cover is great.

[​IMG]

14. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

The cover for "My Dear Killer" is decent, great film though, definitely a top notch giallo with an awesome score from the man himself, Ennio Morricone.

I'm hoping Shriek Show puts together a nice package here.

15. Inverted

Inverted Guest

I'm with Blaster on Spasmo, the old cover is a little bland. Is the werewolf woman on the reverse side the actual actress?

16. I like the My Dear Killer cover. I haven't seen the film but it'll be a blind buy for sure. Can't wait.

17. Another one:

[​IMG]

18. Inverted

Inverted Guest

Hey Blaster what is the artwork for Elsa Fraulein SS going to look like?

19. DefJeff

that Patrick Still Lives cover is on par with Unearthed Films 'Junk' cover in terms of suckiness :)

My Dear Killers cover is cool tho.

i dont give a fuck if you package them in a paper bag (i will complain about the cover being ugly tho :) ) i will definitally be getting both of these as well as Spasmo and Werewolf Woman as soon as they are out

20. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Might as well get the other 3 upcoming covers in here.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2019: After the Fall of New York / Black Demons / Seven Blood Stained Orchids

Actually, I like the reverse cover of Werewolf Woman. It is easier to look at and one I'm looking to pick up later on.