Shriek Show Zombi 2 Delayed ?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by fceurich39, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Alright despite Best Buy saying that my local BB had Zombi 2 "In Stock" and "Available for Pickup", it was nowhere to be found. In fact, in the horror section, there were no DVDs beyond W either, which was odd. No BU ZOMBIE either, obviously.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Ha! Guess they bought them all from there to. Right Dan? :p

3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Probably did or maybe UFOs landed and little green men took all the BU Zombie discs away to their planet :lol:

4. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

did you check to see if the Horror section wraps around into the next aisle? im not trying to be funny, but having worked at dvd stores, a lot of customers have a hard time following the flow of the sections.

5. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

30 of them? where is that best buy located? our best buy received just 3 copies of BU version on 7/31 and 3 SS versions on 8/3.

6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

You've seen them too? :nervous:

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

My Best Buy always seems to overstock on things. There's like a whole wall of Showgirls VIP Editions.

8. betterdan

betterdan Guest

The only thing my Best Buy has 30 of is bums. They stand in front of the dvds blocking my sight while they pick their noses and scratch their asses. Maybe it's time I start carrying my Sigma. :fire:

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Yeah, I checked to be sure. Ours stops in the middle and is followed by the "Specials" rack. Very "special" indeed... It was just very odd that at the end of the W's, there was just half a shelf of empty space with no DVDs. They've had the AB ZOMBIE disc for a while as well as some of the SS discs of 3 and 4, but now nothing is there.

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i just recieved my shriek show version and i think it is way better than the blue underground version

11. Latency

Latency Guest

no shit, it has 2 discs with a ton of extras, plus awesome packaging :p.

12. MartinD1

MartinD1 Guest

13. Vincent Pina

Vincent Pina New Member

I think there is something wrong with the web site because I reserved one online for pickup at my local north location, and then got an email that said it wasn't there. I decided to have it shipped instead, but now I am wondering....are there TWO VERSIONS of the Shriek Show out there? A one disc and a two disc (and I'm not talking about the BU version or the old AB version, duh)? If you look at http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdsearch2 there seem to be two listed as such under the Shriek Show label...a two disc and a cheaper one disc. I thought $14.99 was a little too cheap for Best Buy to be selling this DVD that retails for $29.99. The pricesearch site has a link to BB for both versions, although the $14.99 version is the only one that pops up. I'm confused!!! I guess I'll find out today, 'cause I think it's in the mail.

I guess the link doesn't go straight to the discs, but just type in "zombie 2".

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  14. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

There was a rumor in the beginning that SS was going to have two versions, a cheaper one and a more expensive one, but that was dropped when BU entered the picture. There is only one SS disc, and that's the special edition - and yes, Best Buy has it for $14.99! :banana:

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Yeah, sorry about that, I should have come back to post that the store pickup thing didn't work for me either. I ended up spending $5 and an hour on a metro ride to get to a different Best Buy who had it, only to find out 2 days later that the one 5 minutes away had it in stock. But yeah, I'd be surprised if all the Best Buys didn't have it now, as the "official" release date was yesterday.

16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

My Best Buy still doesn't have it. Plenty of BU discs, though.

17. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

I got mine a few days ago from Best Buy.com for $14.99.

18. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I found a copy at my Best Buy, but my copy is fucked up. I opened it to check out the discs and they were both scratched. The second disc also had fingerprints and smudges all over it. It looked like a trained monkey put the set together. I'm pretty pissed. My BB is about 45 minutes away, so I just can't run down the street to exchange it. Anyone else run into this problem?

19. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

Nope...I got mine from the Best Buy website and it arrived in pristine condition. $14.99 and free shipping. I was kind of surprised it came in such good shape because it took the USPS a whole week to get it here.

I guess you should open the package in the car before you leave the BB parking lot. :D

20. Dilmo

Dilmo Guest

Same here.