Shriek Show's Zombi 2 cover!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by hell ya!, Jun 14, 2003.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

2. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Guest

As it's written "Anamorphic Widescreen" on the cover, I think it won't be Full Frame... ;)

3. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I guess we could get the same discussion like we had in the Lizard thread.
    Let's just wait and see.

4. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Now that is a good cover!

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

As for the running time, there is only one scene I would speculate about - and that's a scene with that big fat zombie at the beggining. There are stills of him walking out of the river, so someone was taking shots of him doing that.

To quote Jay Slater's excellent book "Eaten Alive" - "The screenplay details such a scene that was probably shot but removed in the final edit".

So who knows?

6. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

And perhaps some more zombie mayhem in the hospital in the beginning?
    A zombie coming out of the water doesn't take 20 minutes!
    The soundtrack on my Japan-Shock skips a few time.Bad source or bad editing?

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Was there more hospital footage? I don't know. Slater goes through some other scenes that were in the script, but not in the film - but he doesn't say they were actually filmed.

That whole extra 20 minute thing is a mistake - plain and simple. If Zombie had been missing 20 minutes, we'd all have known about it. Further - they would be advertising the heck out of it now. Seriously, I'm not falling for that one. It's a mistake, probably brought about by the idiots sending out the details to the other sites.

8. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

IMDB lists the scenes that were missing from the AB disc, which probably only amount to a minute. Check the Midnight Video site for more info on what was cut (http://www.midnight1.com/dvd.asp).

Also, I think that the AB version is 91min so the new version should be 14min longer, not 20.

9. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

According to the Media Blasters website, this dvd will be totally uncut and remastered from original negative materials. So far it's shaping up to be a really cool release. Don't know about the sound though. It says mono, but I wonder if it's another error because the picture is listed as full frame while the cover says anamorphic widescreen. It also says mono for 2019 and that has a 5.1 track.

10. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

So, am I the only one who hated the AB Zombie mug-shot cover? THe best one for me is the UK 'hand coming up out the ground' version, although it has been somewhat overused here.

The running length thing is probably just a typo error. Anyway, SS are prone to occasional silly mistakes, so I won't be pre-ordering this.
    I just hope it's not in a Digi-pack.

11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--So, am I the only one who hated the AB Zombie mug-shot cover?--

Thems fighting words. The "mug shot" is a horror icon, imho. And that icon BELONGS to Zombie.

12. I have to agree ...

with Fart Lighter. The AB Zombie mug shot is pretty lame, the hand for ZFE is far more interesting and always a good grabber, no pun intended. The original Italian artwork is still the best, IMO.

13. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

Only in the States. Other countries had thier own takes on it, and I just find the Zombie mug shot the lamest of all the cover designs I've seen for this movie. I always prefer a good painting over a lame photo.

14. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Why would it be? None of SS's other releases have been in one.