Slashed Dreams (1981)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Mutilated Prey, May 1, 2012.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Just checked out Slashed Dreams last night (aka Sunburst). Cool title, nice art work, it has Robert Englund in it - so, it's gonna be decent right? Wrong. It's pretty terrible, well, that's harsh, but overall VERY lackluster. The acting is actually very good for what it is surprisingly, but talk about a whole lot of nothing happening.

It starts out with college kids at some sort of party with a couple of yucks and funky music. Then these two decide they want to find their friend way up in the mountains that has become a hermit (Robert Englund). After about 45 minutes of nothing but awful folky songs and hiking footage they come across a couple of hillbillies one of which is James Keach, brother to Stacey Keach, which is kinda cool. Well, finally you expect things to heat up.....

...and they do, slightly. There's a rape on the girl which is kinda intense, but nothing to be put the kids to bed early over.

Then Robert Englund finally shows up and we're expecting a little revenge action, right? Well.....

...kinda. Our main character Robert (not Englund) confronts the Hillbillies and they kinda just run off, end of story. He didn't even kill either one of them!

Oddly this film was funded or owned at some point by MGM as they're in the end credits with a full MPAA rating/approval. I'd say this flick was about a half step away from being an after school special.

[​IMG]

2. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

I have this in one of the 50 pack from Mill Creek but never saw it...

Based on your comments, without checking the spoilers, I´ll give it a spin over the weekend to see if it´s a so bad it´s good.

3. Mutilated Prey

Yeah, I noticed it's on one of those 50 packs - random. I'd love to hear what you think.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I have this in one of those public domain sets too. Never seen it though. I do remember looking up reviews, and they were primarily negative.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Sunburst is absolutely horrible. And obviously the retitling and re-done artwork that has nothing to do with the actual movie were to cash in on the success of Englund after Elm Street broke.

Avoid at all costs.

6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Love that cover.

7. Mutilated Prey

The artwork has something to do with the movie - Looks like James Keach with the knife, the chick is his proposed victim (but she's not quite dressed like that), there's a lake, woods and mountains :D

russweiss - no attachment!? Did we stump you? :)

8. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

is james keach officer helleck from moving violations?? ha ha funny movie..

9. Mutilated Prey

Sure is, great flick. Now there's a pricey DVD, yeesh.