Slasher flicks you don't like

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Queen B

Queen B Guest

I know I'm in the minority here, but I find MY BLOODY VALENTINE rather dull.

Also, TERROR TRAIN, SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT and HALLOWEEN: H20 do nothing for me.

2. indrid13

indrid13 Well-Known Member

Friday the 13th, Part 5 and 8
    Jason Goes to Hell
    The Ripper
    Halloween Curse of Michael Myers, H20 and Resurrection
    Scream 3
    Bloody Moon
    Bloody Murder
    Camp Blood
    I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

3. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

That's why it was so good! The coed campers who distract him towards the end - hilarious!

Plus I think Jason now has the highest body count of any serial killer, after he took out that space station/city :lol:

Freddy never took out an entire city....

4. Wanted to add: I am in the process of about to move again to another location here in Shreveport, and was goi' through my DVD boxes, and stared at my copy of Psycho cop Returns. So yeah, add my name to the list of who hates that obscure one as well.

Evil Laugh as well (I have the long out of print Program Power release. Love Slaughterhouse from that label, but believe you me, Evil Laugh is PURE SHIT)...

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

really can't say i enjoyed Maniac at all. the features that accompanied it focusing on Joe Spinell were much more interesting. i thought it was pretty damn boring.

6. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

True very true, but still its a guilty pleasure of mine! :p

7. Horror House On Highway 5 is an awful movie, but yet I still own it :lol:

I'm not parting with my Simitar vhs on this one, sorry :(

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

:lol: I am in the middle of watching Evil Laugh right now, and yes, so far it has been pretty terrible. But it's so bad it's almost good. How can you hate that musical montage at the beginning when they're cleaning the house. All those ass shots and then them sliding down the stairs railing. Hilarious Stuff! haha

9. Whoa, spawning, I chould've swore that I was one of the few who owns this piece of shit as well. :D Have ya listened to the commmentary track yet? I actually felt sorry for the poor bastards as Dominick talked about the houses' septic tank over flowing cause of a crew's over use of the house bathroom's. *LMAO*

But I'll admit it IS good for a few laughs (such as when the heroine at the end--who wouldn't do nudity, but would later go on to be a pretty big adult film star--fires relentlessly in all directions at the end, for only cause she's scared. If such an idiot was a friend of mine in real life, I'd pistol whip them with said gun after all of the shots were fired to teach'em a lesson). but dammit, it's just SO bad. Must say the mid '80s style music vidoe editing on the "We're gonna have big party, tongiht!" song was HOWINGLY BAD. Fuck I still chuckle just thinking about it.

10. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

:lol: So I just finished Evil Laugh and now I can happily add it to my list of slashers I don't like. What a horrible piece of crap this was. Other then a few so bad it's good moments, it was pretty unwatchable. Who on this board recommended this to me!? I want names dammit!

11. spawning man, ya mean to say someone actually RECOMMENDED that piece of shit to you? Whoa, if only I had gotten to you first!

Ah well, at least we're sort of in luck, as all of Program Power's now infamous extras loaded yet semi-obscure titles are all long out of print, although DeepDiscount still carries Evil Laugh (though DD is such a worthless place that's it's probably one of the many items on long back order) and Amazon has Slaughterhouse, which is much more amusing and even kinda halfway decent (from '87).

But whoa, I'm still taken aback then someone actually whole-heartedly give Evil Laugh a posative recomendation to you. Entire parts of that film range from regular boring, to flat out torture, to over the top unintentially hilarious. Gotta say I find it amusing if it has any REAL true and blue fans out there *ponders*.

Just one quick thing though, and we'll drop the evil laugh talk: I was thinking whenever I saw the trailer for the up-coming Last House on the Left trailer un-spool before the My Bloody Valentine 3-D remake that as I saw the vengeful dad put the guys head in the microwave and open up the older style microwave and turn it on, I immdiately thought of the sequence in Evil Laugh in which the killer also cook's Steve Baio (and let's think him for not only staring in but also co-writing this thing) the same way. I said to myself "Son of a bitch! Look's like this piece of up 'n coming shit, honestly ripped off another more obscure turd from the past, even if the film makers will never admit to it".

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

:lol: Yeah I thought of that as well when I saw that scene in the Last House trailer. Don't know if it will work in that movie as it seems to be going for more of a serious tone then Evil Laugh haha. It's pretty much the only cool death in the whole movie. Question though, did the killer drag his body to the basement after that, or were they actually although trying to say that the microwave melted his whole body into goo?

13. Indeed: If the new LHOTL redux, which look's like total pure shit in the first place, wants to be taken seriously, then perhaps they should have thought about reviews and audieance reaction and not thought out jamming a microwave oven with a fork or something with it's door open just as Evil Laugh did, to ccok a villian's head from the inside.

Yeah it is the only cool death, gotta agree there. I was howlin' with laughter as that one guy got machete'd and went "Ow! Ow! Ow!" *LMAO*. Not to mention the beyond lame as fuck costume of the killer (bad, non threatening mask, yellow dash washing/chores gloves from the drug store, and just black sweats on, ect--this Slasher was the cheapest poor bitch in the world. She killed on a budget, dammit, but at least she tried! :D).

I think I know what you mean, cause the "heroine" (the one who wouldn't do nudity, the body double is an un-credited woman with a fake name of Donna Nevada) see's the pool of blood, I think it's ment to be that the killer took his body somewhere else. By the way, for even more laughs, check out the commentary track to torture yourself one again as you're doin' house work around or whatever we all do as we listen to commentary tracks. Dominic and Steven say that he speaks that way as he is getting his brain melted cause he is "reverting back to his childhood" (huh?) or some such shit, and they make mention a 2001: A Space Odassey referance. Dear fuckin' God, it's all over the place with them! *LOL*

14. AndresG

AndresG Member

sorry but I hate The Mutilator!!