Slaughter High

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by moogong, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Is the Comcast one the Uncut version, despite the R-Rating??

2. jeffman316

jeffman316 New Member

Comast On Demand?

I have Comcast cable with all of the on demand channels like HBO and Starz and I cant find this movie anywhere.

I guess I do not have the same On Demand service as your area.

Jeff

3. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

i also just watched this tonight, tons of fun, amazing music. as far as it being uncut, what should I be looking for? It does show the nerds dick in the beginning so it may be the uncut version. Jeffman316, if you have fearnet on demand then you can watch the movie. it is under the free movie heading in the ondemand menu, then click fearnet. by the way the fearnet mid movie commercial break is fucking annoying.

4. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

The ads on Fearnet are really annoying in general, not to mention the fullframe issues, but it's still a good way for me to check out stuff I've never gotten around to seeing. Beats blind buying or wasting a netflix rental.

I'll always love them for showing the uncut SWAMP THING, boobs intact.

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I don't know for sure, but if this was R-rated, I'd LOVE to see what the uncut version was like! There is a scene where a guy drinks a beer (spiked with chemicals) and the messy result didn't appear to be edited. Same for all the deaths, really - you wouldn't see them in FRIDAY THE 13TH, that's for sure (those effects fade to white before you can see them!). Speaking of which, snippets of music from Friday the 13th part 4 (and maybe Part 5) are featured in this film...they don't fit, but it's a hoot.
    I have watched the film 4 times already - I still can't get over seeing Caroline Munro as the "final girl" in a slasher flick!

6. wago70

Tell me about it!!!!!!! There was this scene where Caroline Munro is walking down a dark hallway and suddenly an animated chainsaw slashed across the screen prompting me to watch Chainsaw Massacre 2. It caught me of guard and I was thinking what a creative 80's pre-CGI moment :lol: The ad, however, took up the entire lower half of the screen. :eek2:

7. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

wago70, in the future, could you please use spoiler tags? I yet have to see this film, and I'm probably not alone

8. wago70

There are no spoilers - nothing like that happens in the film (chainsaw wise) and as far as Munro is concerned - we all know by now a slasher film has its final girl (again - things aren't quite as they seem in this film). Also the movie has about 4 different endings. Trust me: I gave nothing away.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  9. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I can't wait to check this one out, maybe this weekend.

I noticed Fearnet seemed to have the uncut DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE a while back. I didn't watch all of it, but the listed running time was the same as the recent DVD release and the early portion of the film seemed to be the same as on the DVD.

10. I assume this means either Lionsgate, Sony or MGM has the rights.

11. Xtro_13

Xtro_13 Guest

Slaughter High is currently playing on fearnet on Comcast ondemand.
    Just got done watching it. And I really can't believe that some people liked this movie. I found nothing enjoyable about this film.

12. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I watched this on ondemand as well and I got a kick out of it. I had seen it back in the 80's but had forgotten all about it. Where the hell is the DVD of this?

13. 3invertednines

3invertednines New Member

I feel the same. I'm gonna have to give it a 3rd chance, though :)

14. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

That's one questioned that's been echoed countless times. Being restless, I eventually gave up waiting and bought a VHS copy only to find out later that I got the rated version, not realizing there was an unrated version as well.

15. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

I picked up the unrated version on saturday for one buck.Its a Vestron Video and it says uncut edition on the spine of the box.I enjoyed it alot.I loved how they used Friday the 13th music in the movie and had a Friday the 13th refference.Is there any sign of this on dvd yet?It was a horror/comedy at the begining but once the reunioning at the school started,it was prime time slasher time.Im glad I picked up this blind buy.

Sean

16. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I always laugh at Marty when he has that delayed reaction to the exploding load in the joint. I love the perspective shot from the VW bug's (Doris') windshield. And of course Dick Randall's cameo complete w/ Pieces poster.
    One of two 80's slashers I can think of with references to cocaine use as being kinda cool...naughty crowd. God I love this movie. How can anyone who lived and breathed in the 80's not?

17. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

Just watched this last night on Comcast in-demand. Never seen it before. I thought it was silly, enjoyable mid-80's cheese. Dude's costume was a hoot. I was hoping miss Munroe's parachute pants would get snagged on something so we'd see some goods....hehe.

18. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

vestron international release of slaughter high , under the original title of APRIL FOOL'S DAY = the on-screen print title is APRIL FOOLS

UNCUT VERSION

here's a scan from my japan tape

[​IMG]

19. wago70

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. The Uncut/Unrated version needs a R1 Special Edition release on dvd, pronto!!