Slaughter Hotel audio drop

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by kingtut13874, Feb 13, 2016.

1. kingtut13874

kingtut13874 New Member

Hi everyone..

It could be a defect in my Raro blu ray, but during the scene where the patient looks out the window and gets the arrow through her neck, my audio completely disappears for about a minute or so. It comes back when Kinski and the other doctor start talking about seeing her dead. Does anyone else have this problem with their disc?

Thanks.. JT

2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Interesting coincidence. Watched my blu this morning. I think that happens in a few scenes. I figured it was a stylistic choice. I may still have the dvd to compare it to. Would have to get back to you in a day or so. Have not watched the dvd in years so I cannot remember for sure.

3. meddle

meddle Member

It's not an error. Here is what Raro had to say about the audio drop out's.

“Regarding this matter this was an editorial decision, not a mistake: the longer exclusive uncut version of this movie, that we have released, has no audio in some very short segments of the English dubbed version-not due to a technical problem, but because we used a master that had scenes that were never used in previous releases and/or screenings. We, at Raro, decided to add some of these parts as extras in the special features. But, in order to give you access to this rare and longer uncut version, we left some short silent scenes in the English dubbed version.”

Myron Breck and x666x like this.
  4. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

I still have to get this blu ray. I'm conflicted about companies doing this, adding in cut scenes. I mean ideally the directors cut of a film is what I want released, but in many cases a directors cut has been edited since it's original release many years ago, and so it's hard to piece back together a true directors cut, but I think Raro in this case probably did the right thing. Although If the scenes were not in the negative, I am not sure, but then again there's no guarantee the negative was not tampered with too. Why do people feel the need to fuck with film prints, why can't they just leave them alone and not cut out scenes.

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    They constantly do half price sales on their Facebook site. That's the best way to pick up Raro stuff.

6. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

There is a half-price sale going on right now on Raro's facebook site until 3/27 midnight. The code is UMEVTIBWFXX0

m@ggot likes this.