Slaughter Night aka SL8N8 DVD

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by ReelFear, May 31, 2007.

1. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

Just picked this one up. A dutch horror film released by Tartan DVD. imagine My Bloody Valentine mixed with Evil Dead and you get the idea. Slaughter night wont win any contests for originality, but theres plenty of savage violence and buckets of blood to keep horror fans satisfied! i enjoyed the DVD and recommend it. 7 out of 10

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I've been really wanting to see this film, but no rental store here got even a single in for some reason. Hastings has it to buy, and I was thinking about perhaps a blind buy...but I've read a few bad reviews on the net and in a couple of 'zines.

And no, I don't want Netflix, too much tempting potential to waste away even more hours there. :evil:

ReelFear, does a lot of the film take place in an abandoned mine or something like that?

3. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Well,this never had my interest and I'm Dutch.
    It's probably decent but it features an all-Soap-star cast who just get on my nerves.It's because of that I never want to see it!

4. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

yes, the film takes place in a mine which will surely remind you of My Boody Valentine.I didn't know who the cast was, but they did the job. There's a few dull stretches, but overall held my interest for the duration. worth a rental for sure. the gore FX are very well done.

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I grabbed it on the DD sale, and I can't say that I was disappointed.

It wasn't the greatest, but it was fun down in the mine setting and all. The only real complaint I had against the film was the s-s-s-s-shaky camera movements at times, which were obviously intentional and didn't work at all. It interrupted enjoying the film, and you couldn't help to stop and think: "Who came up with this idea?". It wasn't just jerky, it was like a 12.5 on the richter scale.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Slaughter Night aka SL8N8 is one of those DVDs I bought back in the mid-'00s when I had to own every slasher ever made but for whatever reason I never watched this one.

I randomly plugged it in last night and had a good time with it. I guess it's not a slasher in the traditional sense, as characters are being possessed ala Evil Dead, Night Of The Demons, Killer Party, etc. Yet it still satisfies as it's cast is brutally picked off one by one. I'd imagine mine interiors could become dull to look at after a while, but they do a great job keeping things lively and easy to watch. This is mid '00s so the cast is fun, attractive, and likable. Definitely post-Scream era. It also appears to have a decent budget, so production values are solid. This was an extremely fast-paced and entertaining dead teenager movie. I'm glad I finally got around to it.

The movie is over a decade old now. Just thought I'd throw this post out there for anyone who remembers it or may have missed it the first time.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning this. I've never heard of it but it sounds promising. Maybe this will fill the void of My Bloody Valentine which isn't really all that great to me. Last time I popped it in I couldn't make it past 15 minutes before being extremely bored and uninterested in the characters. The mine setting is the best part.