Sleepaway camp IV finished film coming soon to dvd!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Mar 2, 2012.

1. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

when it is released how will it be available? Ebay? directly?

2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

3. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

4. Korngold

Korngold New Member

Let me say, I've known Dusk through this community and other forums for several years now. It's hard to find anyone whose love of horror and slashers tops mine, but Dusk does. I wouldn't have known about Cheerleader Camp or the fabled lost sequel to it if not for Retro Slashers. Congrats John on completing it. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Plus it can't be worse than Return to Sleepaway Camp. :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  5. foller

foller Active Member

The disc is available now....and it is in fact just DVD-R crap. :mad:

I would have loved to support them, but I definitely won't buy a cheap DVD-R.
    Such a disappointment.....

6. Stige

Stige Active Member

where can this be bought?

7. foller

foller Active Member

8. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

9. foller

foller Active Member

10. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

Let us know what you think when you check it out. I am very tempted (however, a review on amazon basically said it was not much more than archive footage with some terrible dialogue added in) I am still hopeful though.

11. Stige

Stige Active Member

I remember seeing the footage from the box set and thinking " Thank god this was never made" ( the red cross box set). And now I'm sitting here tempted to buy, just because I suffer from gotta-have-it syndrome..

12. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Damn. Yeah, the footage that came with the set looked shitty and the series got significantly worse movie after movie but I was going to check this out anyway and now I'm not. People who release on DVD-R are incredibly lame and don't deserve my money, I'd rather they didn't release at all.

13. frightmares

frightmares New Member

I just don't think I can imagine paying money for this...what a cheap cash-in...:fire:

14. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

The DVD-R Createspace program is actually very useful for indies. I use the createspace program to release my music on CD. While yes, it is a CDR, everything else about it looks the same as it would in any other retail store. It's a cheap way to get stuff out there without worrying about inventory. Createspace not only does audio and video, but also books. So please don't hate on individuals going the -R route. If anything, hate on the major studios who do it and then have the audacity to charge upwards to $20.

15. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of which I believe the "sorta" sequel is Camp Fear- I havent seen it - if you have can you tell me if it is worth picking up?

16. Fumi

Fumi Member

Camp Fear doesn't have anything to do with Sleepaway Camp. It's about a group of college kids who go artifact hunting in the woods and discover the Loch Ness Monster and Stonehenge too I believe, and I think they have to prevent the end of the world as well (I haven't watched it in quite a while). It's a huge ball of cheese. I thought it was mildly entertaining, but not really too good.

17. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

What I was saying was in regards to the earlier post regarding a Cheerleaders Camp sequal - sorry I got off topic...

18. foller

foller Active Member

There is something fishy at amazon.com. The feedback was left long before the release date of the DVD-R. The only current feedback - which was negative by the way - has been removed.
    That stinks:eek2:

19. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I bought it...I'm going to check it out on the weekend. I don't really mind if it's a DVD-R, its not priced high, and I'm supporting the indies.

20. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

Yeah I saw that negative review has been removed. They still have 3 other "reviews" but they are from the wrong movie they are in the wrong place. So basically there are no reviews yet on amazon, which makes sense since it was just released recently. I am sure a few will trickle in over the next few weeks. It has been reduced to under $12 now, which is nice.

I was excited to hear this was coming out but the more I read about it the less I want it. It sounds like it is a narrator (they got somebody who sounded similar to the woman in the previously scrapped 1992 (or so) footage) who is rehashing numerous kills and scenes from the previous sleepaway camp movies intertwined with the previously scrapped footage. I thought they might be filming some new stuff to be used and have a few flashbacks and such, but it sounds like there is very very little new footage that was filmed which kind of boils down to a montage of scenes from the previous movies strung into a feature length "film" with a narrator. Kind of disappointing.