Sleepaway camp IV finished film coming soon to dvd!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Mar 2, 2012.

1. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

Just saw a scathing review of this on amazon. It was just posted today and gave it 1 star and tore it apart and basically confirmed my aforementioned info. Maybe somebody on here will have a different take when they check it out, but so far it seems a bust.

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yeah I just read that too - all set with buying this until some board members give their thoughts. The main thing the reviewer states is that if you already have the bonus disc there really is no reason to buy this new DVD.

3. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

That review from Amazon is spot on. I don't understand how this thing is even legal. The movie starts off with somewhat of a direction, then it quickly peters off into 60 minutes of random poor quality clips of the first three films all leading to the same "Survivor" footage from the extra disc in the Sleepaway Camp boxset.. It reminds me of one of those best-of montages you'd see on some show like "100 scariest movie moments" or something. It almost feels like a really long trailer.

At first I really didn't mind plopping a few bucks for this but now I kinda regret it. This is something anybody could have compiled with the SC boxset, any video editing software, and a weekend.

I love Retro Slashers and all, but the hell was the point of this?

4. Stige

Stige Active Member

ok so might not be a smart thing to buy then ?

5. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

You folks are way too desperate for entertainment.

6. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster New Member

I bought it and reviewed it. Even though I'd like for everyone to read that, I know I'm sometimes long-winded, but, long story short: it's a mega curiosity piece, obviously, and it doesn't really work for all the obvious reasons...but I can't say that any fan of the series wouldn't want to at least stream it from Amazon for 2 bucks just to finally get some closure on it.

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Thank you for your review, and by it, I can say that this is a giant mess.

I guess that if we have all the original trilogy plus the bonus disk with the footage of part IV, we then have this cut.

There´s a place for this on the net, it´s called fanedit.org

8. Korngold

Korngold New Member

Great review. Sad it didn't turn out to be awesome, but John's heart was in the right place. I will rent it though, which I usually never do.