Sleepaway Camp pts 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by Paff, May 27, 2003.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

What? You mean to say that you don't "Hey-bob-a-ree-bob" when nobody else is around? :sperm: :lol:

That scene is hilarious though, and I still really don't know what the guy was trying to accomplish by yelling that. Is it supposed to be a taunt? A flirtatious advance? A new wave yoddle? I also like how he is so casual about somebody just randomly swimming inside his off-shore, overturned boat. It is as if this sort of thing happens from time to time, no biggie. Classic.

2. rhett

rhett Administrator

I disagree. Judy was particularly well proportioned in the first film. Angela though, well...

"She's a carpenter's dream...flat as a board and needs a screw!"

3. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

Come now, everybody says it once in a while when they're alone. It's like scratching your ass, it feels so good and you feel so liberated. No one in sight, no one in hearing distance, just holler a good old "Hey-bob-a-ree-bob"!!

I guess he just wanted to test the acoustics in his boat though, you should do that when your boat capsizes. Don't you know the basics of sailing?? You ALWAYS yell in your boat to check if it's ok. :bs:

4. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

Judy! She was such a bitch, oh well at least she got the the curling iron in the cootchie hehe :banana:

5. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Don't very often here negative opinion on this movie from horror fans.As far as I'm concerned it blows those three movies you mentioned away.It is good sleazy,trashy fun!It will always find a spot in my top 10.

6. rhett

rhett Administrator

7. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yeah, but don't forget that the Sleepaway sequels were never meant to be taken seriously. They're more comedy than horror, I'd say.

8. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

oh I'm a happy camper, and by the grace of god I'll camp until I die!

9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

:lol: Hahaha.

10. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I thought the first film was pretty poor- had a great twist ending especially for back when it was made and the girl that played the main character was decent enough- but - well it was just poorly made poorly acted and poorly scripted until the end- anyways- now saying all that i still enjoyed it somewhat but i wouldnt recommend it to anyone i know- the 2nd one i though was by far the best of the 3 made- i really enjoyed that one- a poor mans friday the 13th<: the 3rd one- well it had some good violence and nudity but not as interesting or well made as the 2nd one- IMO :eek:

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Nice girls don't have to show it off

The second is my favorite too, followed by the third, and then the first. I love them all, but I just think Pamela Springsteen is the superior Angela. Throw darts all you want, she is my girl damn it. She delights me no end, especially in part two. It is total fun to watch her work. If I ever go psycho killer, I want to be like her and cheerfully kill the sluts, the druggies, the brats, and the mack daddies. *Nods*

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2005
  12. Spacevis

seems not everyone can appreciate the pure genius of Sleepaway Camp 1 ... oh well, WATER UNDER THE BRIDGES I ALWAYS SAY!!!!!

13. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Again....

At some point, Paff should be collecting commissions on that quote.

I love cheesy slashers as much as the next guy/gal, but the Sleepaway Camp sequels just didn't do it for me.

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'm probably in the minority here, but I enjoy all three of the Sleepaway Camp movies just about equally. The two sequels are very different from the original film in numerous ways, and I've always found them intensely fun to watch.

15. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I still gotta watch part 3.

16. Spacevis

I'm with you Katatonia. I also enjoyed them all equally, but you can't deny the first one is very different from the other two.

17. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Personally, I thought they were all terrible, although they each have things that I really liked. In my opinion, part 2 was the best of the lot, although I'll have to rewatch the first one since it's the only one of the three I haven't re-watched yet since buying that damned "Survival Kit" set.

Kudos to Paff, btw. What an excellent quote.

18. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Gee, it took 2 years for everyone to realize my wit. Talk about a delayed response.

Now, for the "hey bop-a-ree-bop"....is that channeling John Valby's "Shithouse Blues" song? Or did Valby borrow that phrase from someone else? If anyone wants to hear that, you can get in on several of Valby's records, or you can hear him perform it in the movie Losin' It with Tom Cruise and Shelley Long

19. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Nah, I laughed then, I laugh now. Yeah, I'm taking it to my grave.

A classic example of a true delayed reaction came from reading a mutleyhyde posting. Damn him for making me choke on my iced tea!

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showpost.php?p=336102&postcount=16

20. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Man, am I ever glad that I found this thread. I watched Sleepaway Camp for the first time last night and it did not disappoint. I expected some cheesy F13 knockoff, but it had some depth!

What really surprised me--aside from
    the sweet boiled-to-near-death scene with the cook. Oh, the boils and blisters actually puffing up!
    was the language. Man, I wish R-rated films today had that sort of language. No catch-phrases, no annoying pop culture references, just true summer camp language. "You cocksuckers!" "Eat shit and die." "Eat shit and live." Good stuff.

There are some great points in this thread.
    But what is with the commentary. I couldn't listen to it, the director was so annoying--he kept interrupting Felissa whenever she had something interesting say. Ugh. I found it difficult to listen to it for too long. And yeah, why were they all talking as if the sequels never happened?

And I can't believe they got away with these lines:

"Look at that fresh chicken meat. Where I come from, we call 'em 'baldies.' Makes your mouth water."

Holy shit!

Last edited: May 17, 2006