Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit Packaging Being Changed.......

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Agent Z, Sep 12, 2002.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I ended up selling an extra copy and my personal copy on ebay last year. I got about $40 for the used one and $45 for the sealed extra.
    Sounds like no one cares anymore, but you never kow with ebay. All you need is a hyped up listing and 2 bidders who can't stand to live without it. I f I saw another set with the "cross" cover I'd grab it, maybe not for $36 though, that's too steep and would kill any profit.
    Now if you like the movies and want them, grab it for yourself as the cover is cool (the only cool thing about the set IMO, I just don't like the movies anymore).

2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I own 3 copies of this box set with the Red Cross and 4th disc. I sold a bunch on Ebay a long time ago and did well. I am actually happy enough with the series to not even worry about getting rid of either of the 2 copies that I have still sealed.

After all these years, the first one did not hold up at all. It was the second one that impressed the hell out of me because it had significantly more blood. The third one would have qualified if AB reinserted the deleted blood scenes. Does anyone know why they didn't do this. As I work in a film/television environment, I am thinking of doing this myself soon enough.

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Thanks people. Sadly, I'm still undecided. I checked the box again, and while this is not a Best Buy, it does have the fourth disc.

What's wrong with the first film? Are they horrible?

4. Atmims

Atmims Guest

The first one is a cheesy classic. They get progressively worse after that. Part 2 has some fun in it, part 3 is a complete turd.

5. I"m still glad I grabbed this set a week before it was released....red cross and fourth disc

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

is the red cross version the one that has the 4th disc sleepaway campIV

7. I think it's Best Buy/Futureshop one that have the fourth disc....the cover change was for legal reasons...

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Yep, you can still get the 4th disc at Best Buy to this day, but you can't get the Red Cross boxset anymore. All the old boxes 3 or 4 disc were Red Cross, now all have been changed.

9. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Yep. I haven't seen the ones with the 4th Bonus disc around for a while now, but the way you can tell if it's included in the set is on the side pannel of the box. In the upper corner, an additional blood-drop will be there with the words "Includes Bonus 4th DVD". Of course if you can still find this with the original Red-Cross cover, you're in luck.

10. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I just bought the Box Set in question 2 days ago at BB and they still offer the bonus disc with the newer cover design. I can't imagine why anyone would shell out big bucks for a Red Cross logo, but that's just me. $23.99 was the perfect price.

11. That is a great price considering the footage from Sleepaway Camp IV is pretty unwatchable and is likely to induce sleep, and the first Sleepaway Camp is edited.

12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i too am going to buy this tomorrow at best buy they still have one left

and also i have found the red cross version at my borders video store so i may have a look at that one as well

13. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

True, but the edits are so minor that, for once, I'm not too annoyed by them. I've seen the unedited Legacy version (more unwatchable than the clips from Part IV) and was not impressed.

14. PMcG_6

PMcG_6 Guest

I originally got mine at BB with the Red Cross and the 4th disc. Lost it in a fire then re-purchased through DDDVD. Still had the Red Cross but no 4th disc. Didn't care though. Material on it wasn't memorable.