SLEEPLESS Region 1 DVD

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by mazzariniuk, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    we should have a petition or something toward artisan to release it in it's original aspect ratio. This just sucks.

2. johnmar

johnmar Guest

Canadian DVD

The Canadian version of Sleepless is the same as the US version... the garbage version. Check out the Canadian company www.cnl.com for the specs.

I really want to see this film but I don't have the means to view region 2 PAL discs. Is having a DVD ROM with viewing software enough or do I need something else?

3. killit

killit Active Member

if you can switch it to region 2, yes.

4. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    Re: Canadian DVD

you can get unlocking firmware for your dvd rom. and then you can play anything.

5. johnmar

johnmar Guest

Thanks for the info. I'll have to get on it ASAP, especially after getting the Sleepless DVD.

I only had the chance to see the first hour and so far I like the movie. However, the whole time that I was watching I couldn't help noticing how out of frame some of the scenes were. The worst that I can remember is the bar/restaurant scene where Fausto is talking: only half of his head is on the screen. Who was the genius at Artisan to decide on full frame... I'd like to slap him like the bitch that he is. To make things worse, the trailer is WIDESCREEN!!! What the fuck is that all about?

I have another comment on this crappy release: who chose that awful cover? Does anyone actually like it? If it wasn't an Argento film, would anyone here even bother renting it?

6. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Guest

Artisan decided to save money by doing just one transfer. It's that simple. :mad:

7. Harvey Click

Harvey Click Guest

8. hassan chaup

hassan chaup Guest

Fuck 'em all.

I feel badly about the bad time an earlier poster had with his Sampo player. Once Sampo replaced a faulty drive in my 620 that it arrived new with everything worked out great. With a separate machine for Region 1 discs, my Sampo opens up the whole world of DVD's to me. I am not surprised at Artisan's outrageous bungling of this Non Ho Sonno. The company has fully revealed itself as the festering boil on the ass of corporate DVD shitheads who couldn't give a damn about how a film is actually meant to be seen! I say "Fuck 'em and go international" Don't let region coding trap you into having to support these cash guzzling syphiletic whores.;)

9. There's a new double disc - region 2 version coming out in the UK, in February - which has the fuly uncut version of Non Ho Sonno, in widescreen - and also the bonus disc contains the 'Eye For Horror' documantary, and apparantly a stack of extra bits.

If you can't wait for that, then pick up the Region 2 Italian version from any of the European suppliers listed in www.sexgoremutants.co.uk

You should be able to get it for about £20