Slumber Party Massacre Series.

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by J.C., Feb 7, 2009.

1. J.C.

J.C. Guest

Who likes these? Its my favorite horror series ever =] I have all three on DVD. Although im suprised it hasnt been remade yet.

2. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I enjoy 1/2 quite a bit, but 3 is kind of a bore.

I always got a chuckle during the iconic Swayze/Lowe/Reeves hockey film, Youngblood, when you see "Slumber Party Massacre" on the marquee at a theatre Rob Lowe and the tasty bitch he was dealin' with when Ms. McGee wasn't giving him the ass were walking by. Or did they walk out of the theatre? It doesn't matter, 'cause nothin's better than tea with Ms. McGee.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I love the first two. I used to watch Slumber Party Massacre II religiously when I was younger. It's so bad, yet so much fun!

The third is okay...

4. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I love the series...I think the original is actually one of the best slasher flicks of the era, better than many of the more well known movies from the same time. It's short, too the point, suspenseful and bloody...with no time wasted on backstory or revenge plots...pretty much the ultimate blood and boobies movie. The second is a weird Rocky Horror like mix of guitar toting singing psychos, flying dead chickens, and other wierdness, I think the third is a beat weak...but does have its moments.

5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the first one. It is a better than average slasher. Yet another flick that brings me back to my youth.

6. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

SPM 1 is amazing and 2 has it's moments and it a total blast but 3 really drags.

7. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Loved part one, thought part two was ok and even though I own part three I can remember nothing about it. Yikes.

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I sold all three of mine for very hefty sums...and I kind of regret it. :( I love the first, like the second for its absurdity, the third was lacking but definitely enjoyable. I will be the first to pre-order if/when they ever get a re-release!!!

9. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I dug all three. The first was one of the top 5 80s slashers in my opinion, the second was completely batshit nuts and the third was actually a decent slasher. The main appeal of the third was waiting to see each chick's boobs more than anything else.

10. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I think I've only seen Part 1 a couple of times, and part 3 once....but part 2 I have watched too many times to count. Love it, love it, love it! It's really dumb and bizarre but in the best way possible. I always think of Joe Satriani's video for Big Bad Moon when I see the killer from this flick....

Also love the chick band's song at the start. The actual band that performed it was called Wednesday Week right? Wish I could find some of their stuff.

11. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I wish I could find the soundtrack too, there's one of the songs (they're playing it in the garage near the beginning) that I always hum to my girlfriend when I'm being retarded. Pretty much the same thing with that "I wanted HEARTS! Not DIAMONDS!" song that Lauren Baccall "sings" in The Fan.

12. Katatonia

I love it too, and have seen it more times than I can count. In fact, I would go so far as to say part 2 is one of my favorite horror movies. Sure, it's bad, low budget, and completely ridiculous...but it also holds some kind of magic over me. :evil:

I own the Wednesday Week CD which includes all the songs that were sung in the film. It was recently re-released with bonus tracks, and you should be able to order it from almost anywhere.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  13. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Part 1 is great. The other 2 got kinda silly but still have their moments. Overall I'm a fan of the series.

14. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I have been dying to see this films, but the DVDs are OOP and sell for way too much. Hopefully these will get a re-released soon, along with Madman and Happy Birthday to Me, two other slashers that I'm dying to see but sell for way too much.

15. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

These are some of my favorite slashers. One is a classic slasher and part two is campy yet great as well. Chasing girls around a house with a "killer" guitar singing "Let's Buzz", doesn't get better than that. I remember renting these and the Sorority House Massacre movies repeatedly. Slumber Party Massacre was always my favorite. I scored the double feature right after it went out of print, now just on the hunt for part 3.

16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I have them all on VHS. They all kick ass. Short, sweet, and to the point!

17. Katatonia

You may have to wait a while. Many of Roger Corman's DVDs were even reissued by Disney just a few years ago...and they're already OOP again. That even included Deathrace 2000, which is surprising considering the recent remake.

I think the first Slumber Party Massacre has UK and Aussie DVD releases still available relatively cheap.

18. Yeah I found that out the hard way, lookin' at 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Back in the day around early '02, I picked up the 2nd film online, but dammit, completeist that I am, I was dying for the (what I hear was, for it's time) mostly well done T&A filled original mini-classic plus part 3 (which I only rented on a VHS tape many moons ago at a Hollywood Video).

Wish now I opted for the rare boxset as I did with my Ilsa films form Achor Bay. So glad I got that set considering for what it goes for these days. I made a conscious decision back in December as I wrote down in ink some titles, as I do every few days, of what to order, and I wrote down some boxsets I'm gonna splurge on this year for both collector and viewing on rainy day occurances.

I got one of the few remaining Rock 'N Roll High School discs from an Amazon 3rd party seller, bless'em, as I so wanted that. It's also a Corman disc from New Concord. Fuck I SO badly wanna see a complete Slumber Party Massacre series re-issue ...:(

19. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I've got DVD-Rs of the Slumber Party and Sorority House Massacre series, so I'm pretty happy. Paying that much for non-anamorphic discs would be inexcusable.

20. Stige

Stige Active Member

checked amazon and wow had no idea they were going for so much, glad I have them :D

that said absolutely love the first one and appriciate the other two as well, rewatched often

the song you were thinking of was " If only" by wednesday week, have it on my mobile:)

ordered the CD today
    thanks for the tip Katatonia

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009