Slumber Party Massacre Series.

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by J.C., Feb 7, 2009.

1. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I actually downloaded the album and put that song on randomly when my girlfriend was around, she lost it! I definitely have to use this song somewhere in the future.

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Is the Sorority House Massacre series a spin off of the Slumber Party Massacre series? Are they as good, or good at all for that matter? Seems like I hear a lot of love for Slumber Party Massacre, but this is the first mention I have heard of Sorority House Massacre.

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Part 1 is classic. I have all 3, but have yet to watch 2 or 3. I might have seen Part 2 a long time ago on cable, but really don't remember it at all.

4. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Oh yeah, and let's not forget Slumber Party Massacre IV - Cheerleader Massacre - :lol:

5. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I've only seen the first Sorority House Massacre, but it was pretty lackluster and forgettable. Apparently part 2 is a lot more fun, but I can't verify that.

6. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I just watched all three of these for the first time. I didn't really think they were anything special. The first was the best of the bunch, but I had more fun with Part II. It's one of those weird terrible movies that I can't help but love certain parts of (kinda like Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2).

7. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

I love Wednesday Week. I still even have their "Why" music video taped from 120 Minutes from the music video days of MTV. I think the song is performed in the movie. I only watched Part II once years ago.

8. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

The original will always be one of my favorite 80's movies. I never understood what was up with that odd peephole scene. "Oh, I was just putting in your peephole." Did that lady carpenter just leave a bare hole in the Coach's door?

I never understood why the kids all just didn't scatter outside in all directions. They probably could've all made it since it seemed to have been a very populated neighborhood. I guess there wouldn't have been a movie then if they did that.

I have a question. In the movie "Cheerleader Massacre" it seems like Brinke Stevens showed up in that film as the Linda character who was killed off early in Slumber Party Massacre and they showed the locker room scene as a flashback showing what happenned to her. So was she portraying Linda years later as a survivor or was it a different character that was supposed to have gone through a similar experience? I don't remember. I saw another post on this thread and it looks like this movie was another Slumber Party title. I didn't know this was part of the series.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  9. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Never seen these.....

I Wanna see these

Should I see these.....?

10. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Part 2 is definitely a lot more fun.

11. I snagged a copy of Slumber Party Massacre on dvd back in 1999 when i was at Virgin Records Superstore in Disney World, I also snagged Elite's Re-Animator release, Brain Damage, and Tourist Trap.

I remeber seeing the sequels and thinking they were alright, but in my opinion they don't hold a candle to the original. #2 was Kooky and decent in a no-brains kinda way and #3 seemed like a tired re-hash of #1... don't get me wrong it tried hard to impress but it didn't impress mee too much.

12. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I've seen the first two. Still own the first on VHS. Would love to pick them all up on DVD (or Blu-Ray) if the chance arises.

13. streetlight

streetlight Member

One of the dumbest things I ever did was when I went into a DVD store around 2005 to buy some movies (I just bought my first dvd player that summer) and I remember seeing a double disk slumber party massacre 1 & 2 for about $21. I never saw 1,2 or 3 at the time, though I heard of them of course, but I didn't know if they were any good. A while later I saw the first one on satellite and it was really great so I went back to the store and of course it was already bought. I would have never guessed, they were probably out of print at the time. Managed to get 1 & 3 on vhs cheap and downloaded part 2 .

If they ever get rereleased on DVD I'll probably buy them though I really only liked the first one

14. I love the first one, a very underrated slasher. The second one was terrible, and the 3rd was a half decent return to form.

15. shockwave

shockwave New Member

I've seen all 3, have the first one on VHS still in good condition, never cared much for Part 2 even though its been 10+ years since I've seen it, remember liking part 3 since there were more tits and more of a slasher than the second, would love to pick up all 3 on DVD someday. I kick myself for selling Cheerleader massacre and Emmanuelle 3pack since apparently those are OOP and go for decent bucks.

16. 022583

022583 Guest

the whole series is awesome! maria ford totally makes the 3rd one tho...its almost like they got her stoned and told her she's actually gonna have a slumber party and made her believe the other girls were really her friends. how didn't she notice the camera crew?

17. rhett

rhett Administrator

You know, the first film was always an embarassing blind spot for me. I've had it for a few years, but never wanted to watch it in passing, since being such a revered classic I wanted to really be able to devote my full attention to it. Seeing this thread finally got me to give it a whirl, and I certainly liked what I saw. It had a refreshing feminist perspective, in that the camera didn't seem to be "leering" at the naked flesh as it often is in slasher films, but more "examining" like a woman would do self-consciously in the shower. Then there is all that stuff with the phallic drill, but that's nothing new. Good kills, synth score and a devastating ending. I'm glad I waited, this one definitely deserves full attention.

Somehow I watched the second before the others, and I enjoyed that quite a bit too. Very cool visual style and some wit to the script, thanks to the massively underrated Deborah Brock who gave us the be-all-end-all high school flick, Rock'n Roll High School Forever. I wish they let her do more.

The third film was, yeah, boring, but the actresses were at least pretty charismatic and outgoing. Nice that all the films were directed by women, it provides a different perspective on the genre than other slasher series do.

18. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I saw these years ago and believe I enjoyed them- but its been a while- love to see them again so I am hoping they get another dvd release someday- I was hoping netflix would have them but when I checked they didnt have any of them.

19. Amusingly enough, I've had the second film for years (I simply LOVE this oddball fantasy/Slasher mini classic) and just got the first like-new from SaviniFan on here, and I saw the 3rd years ago on a VHS tape from a mom & pop store. While I tend to like the second a bit more, I agree with everything you said. I especially dug the music and the actresses of the first two.

Thought I was the only one who cought the directress of the second film as the directress of "Rock 'N Roll High School, Forever!", which is one of the better in the camp of the later years Cory Feldman post teen idol years. I used to know of a guy who had the long out of print soundtrack to that, on vinyl I think.

But yeah, I found Part 3 simple and goreless and scareless and overall just plain boring and dullard. But to each they're own ...

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I found it to be very disappointing, nothing to recommend as anything in it can be found better in something else. These are also the dumbest I've ever seen characters act. The killer is especially moronic, you'd wonder if he had enough brain power to use an apposable thumb to pick up such a drill, none the less operate it.

Was the moral of the story that straight women deserve to be subjected to men like that?