Slumber Party/Sorority House Massacre?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Andrew, Aug 23, 2001.

1. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Bad Ass! I just sold my New Concord DVDs on eBay for an amazing profit! I will definitely re-buy these.

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I love it when that happens.

~Matt

3. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Isn't it just a mind trip how stupid some people are? I notice allot of people don't buy or bid intelligently.

4. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

i got all the massacres. to ebay they go!

5. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I've got all of them already, except Hard to Die, but if there's something new on any of these I may double dip.

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I finally just got around to watching Sorority House Massacre 1 and 2 and actually enjoyed part 1 much more. Not that it was great, and yes it was a somewhat watered down/poor man's Halloween, but I just found part 2 to be so stupid. Other than the bimbos, which is great and all, it was pretty damn lame. At least part 1 attempted to have a creepy slasher factor. And what was the deal with part 2 combining with the Slumber Party Massacre storyline - was someone confused? Haha.

I need to revisit the Slumber Party Massacre series, can't really recall how I felt about them upon first viewing many years ago.

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I never understood the Slumber Party Massacre story being included into Sorority House Massacre 2. They did the same thing with Hard to Die.
    It's been a while since I've seen the films but I think I feel the same as you and like the first Sorority House better than the second.

8. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

What the hell?!? Why is that movie so damn expensive?

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

No idea. I'd like to know :confused:

10. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Not a big fan of Sorority House Massacre. It's a bland and boring Halloween clone with a OK final 15 minutes.

The sequel on the other hand? Pure hilarious cheese.

Hard to Die is a lot of fun as well.

11. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I like Sorority House Massacre 2, but it's easily the weakest film in either series. Unless Cheerleader Massacre counts, which it doesn't.

Hard To Die is basically the same film, only better and in a skyscraper. But then again, Psycho Cop 2 did the "killer in a skyscraper" slasher flick way better.

Both films feel like cheap Wynorski films, which they are.

Sorority House Massacre, on the other hand, fits right in with the Slumber Party Massacre series. It has some really fun chase scenes, and I love the little bits like the bloody knife in the fireplace. Also, can you say "fashion montage"! Also gotta love little lines like "psychic bacon" and "let's eat Melanie's ice cream!"

Too much fun! Can't wait for the upcoming blu-ray.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

'Cause it's long OOP, and that's the fact jack! :p

Seriously though, I bought it when it first came out back in 2004. I think I paid like $7 for it new.

Scorpion "might" possibly be re-releasing it at some point though, since they're also re-releasing The Haunting of Morella which is a Wynorski film released by the same studio, New Concorde.

13. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

My nostalgia will likely always cloud my judgment but I have fun with Wynorski films I'm not even nostalgic for. Slumber Party Massacre? 3 is a brainless shitheap, the first is an utter waste of the talent on display and boring for the most part, 2 is almost interesting as a surreal, casual WTF flick... then the rocker guy shows up and it's an aggressive, painful slog for which I demand someone explain if they ever hope for it to be considered on the level with Wynorski's best (namely 976-Evil 2 and SHM 2 and 3 / Hard to Die).

Actually, forget it. I watched the film and- there is no explanation. There is not even the slightest clue that he exists in anyone's memory, he's not the most popular Fake Music Video Artist on Fake-MTV (ala- Critters), he's not a nightmare reincarnation of a dead loved one, he's not an actual escapee from prison or an asylum, he's not a leftover from a previous film. He's the 1987 equivalent to that fucking "PANCAKES!" kid from Cabin Fever, turning up again and again and again and again and again and again. And the filmmaker expecting 70% of the horror to hinge upon him...

Wait... sorry: Dennis from Cabin Fever was actually set-up in that film. You knew where he came from (even though it was still stupid). So, that's being unfair to a better film and filmmaker.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  14. Franco

Franco Weekender

I just finished watching Sorority House Massacre II (1990) by Jim Wynorski, and it was hilarious. I haven't had that much fun with a cheesy horror movie in a good time.

Got the movie thru The Pirate Bay, and I see there's no HD for this one... Anyone knows if there are plans of any company to release this one, maybe as a double feature with the original in Blu-ray?

15. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

This guy knows what's up.

:glasses: