Snakes on Plane

Discussion in 'General' started by shift, Aug 23, 2005.

1. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Not on dvd. But it sure looks like more movies are coming out reguarding airplanes like Red Eye, Flight Of The Dead, the new Jodie Foster one (can't remember the title).

More info on Snakes on Plane:
    "It's called 'Snakes on a Plane.' The second they told me the storyline I said I want to do this movie. It's about a plane on the way from Honolulu to Los Angeles, and when they're halfway [into their flight], 500 poisonous snakes get released, and the first one to get killed is the pilot. As the audience I say, how the hell can they get out of the situation? I'd like to see it! So I said I want to do that. Hopefully we'll start shooting soon.

More info here:
    "http://www.blackfilm.com/20050819/features/snakesonaplane.shtml
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Looks like Snakes On Soulplane to me ;)

"Snakes On A Plane" sounds pretty lame. Ok, it's about Snakes On A Plane but I do hope they'll change the title.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  3. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Wasn't the original title for this something like... Flight 241 or some shit, but Samuel Jackson insisted on it being called "Snakes on a Plane"? I think I read that somewhere. :)
    Weird anyway.

4. shift

shift Hot as shit!

lol. yea. Looks like NEW LINE is releaseing this one. Samuel L Jackson also starting in it.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I hope this is some sendoff to 80's cheese, cause if so, count me in for seeing it. If it's supposed to be serious, count me out. I mean, come on, just look at those pics and don't tell me they don't scream POPCORN!!

6. Numania

Numania Guest

Man, that looks and sounds terrible.
    Why, Keenan, why?

7. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

Well, as someone who has raised reptiles for nearly 30 years, what you'd really end up with after 500 venomous* snakes get loose is a bunch of confused snakes all scared shitless (some literally) and desperately looking for someplace to hide. In fairly short order you'd have things under some semblance of control with the few stubborn stragglers easily dispatched with a boot heel, serving cart, or other suitable object.

There's a slim, slim chance they could pull the usual Hollywood clichés about snakes (hyper aggressive, fast traveling, and the ever popular use of king snakes or even easily recognized corn snakes as "venomous" snakes) and still come up with a decent "turn off your brain and enjoy" flick. But I'm not holding my breath, what usually starts with a ridiculous premise usually falls flat accordingly. And Airplane has already been done, as has Scary Movie. A parody doesn't inspire me to high hopes either.

* Poisonous means its dangerous if you bite it, venomous is dangerous if it bites you. It never ceases to amaze me the idiots that never get that distinction right. Arrow poison frogs have poison glands in their skin - predator bites them, and wishes it hadn't for their brief remaining life. Taipans have neurotoxin (mostly, some hemotoxin components as well) venom glands at the base of their fangs - they bite a predator or prey, and it wishes it hadn't got bit for their brief remaining life. Easy distinction, terminology lesson over, class dismissed.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  8. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Man this movie sounds great, it'll either be really good or supremely cheesy, there is no way it could be bad.

Is there?

9. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Be sure to let us know.

10. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

What won't Samuel L. Jackson star in? I want to say I'll see this since it sounds so ridiculous, but I dont think I'd be able to make it through a movie with that title. I'm more anxious to see him star in Black Snake Moan and Afrosamurai.

11. I can't wait for this. Hey, MorallySound, I'm not sure I agree. I'd be highly dissapointed if they didn't play it straight. A sendup? too easy! Still, it could be fun. But, a film called Snakes on a Plane, with this story, that played it serious? that tried to "thrill" us, or cause "horror", AWESOME! Heck, I'm even anxious to see the trailer! And it's directed by the same guy behind Final Destination 2! FRIED GOLD! I loved that movie for it's seemingly unintentional send up of it's predocessor and the teen horror genre.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2005
  12. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

Yes, there are snakes on this plane, and I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!

13. Noto

Noto Guest

14. Luna

Luna Guest

I need to see this.

15. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

It's now titled S.O.A.P....that's just wonderful.

While the feedback on IMDB is normally a complete waste of time, the thread dedicated to possible catch-phrases/taglines Samuel L. Jackson will recite in the film is a must read (Chuck Norris good):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417148/board/nest/33092225

This Summer, You Will Believe That Snakes Can Fly

This summer at 30,000 feet, the snakes take control

Mother *beep* snakes on a mother *beep* plane!

Hiss mother *beep* do you speak it?!!

Fly the Deadly Skies

"If the black box is the only thing that survives the crash, then why don't they jus-HOLY *beep* WE GOT SNAKES!"

"One Man. One Plane. Lots of Snakes."

"A S***Storm of Snakes!"

"We'll Face *beep* you with Snakes!"

“In 2006, the snakes are the terrorists."

"When there are snakes in your plane, the terrorists win."

"When there are snakes in your plane, homeland security isn't working out."

"Scared of heights? Scared of snakes? We put them together."

"this is your captain speaking, we've just reached our cruising altitude... holy crap is that a snake... on the plane!"

16. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

And how did they manage to get 500 venomous snakes onto a plane?

17. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

If a dude can mail himself across the country in a box... I'm sure getting 500 poisonous snakes on a plane ain't that hard. :)

18. Alan Smithee

Alan Smithee Member

I will be first in line to see this. I have a feeling it will be so bad its good.

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

This has to be a fast one someone's pulling on IMDb. It just goes beyond words why a producer would option the script Snakes On a Plane thinking "it's a GREAT plot but needs a new title." I know people are always saying producers are idiots, but this has to be proof positive that everything ever said about producers not knowing what they're doing is the god's honest truth.

As much as I'd like to see this, I almost want to boycott it if they don't flat out call it "Snakes on a Plane." I'm not going in order to see bars of soap even if they are on a plane, I'm going in order to see Snakes. On a mother. Fucking. Plane! Got it?

Why are they trying to hide the fact that's it's snakes on a plane? People wouldn't be seeing it if it wasn't snakes on a plane. The whole reason the entire audience is in that theater is because it's a movie with snakes on a plane. No one will have any idea what S.O.A.P. is about so they won't care. No one's going to want to call it "soap," they'll just end up saying Snakes on a Plane anyways.

"Did you see soap?" "Yeah man, mother fucking soap was mother fucking awesome!" It's just not gonna happen. The only way they could fuck this up even more is if they called it Scorpions on a Submarine but still only had snakes on a plane in the movie.

20. Luna

Luna Guest

I am crossing my fingers that it is for real... this sounds too good to be true. :lol: