Snakes on Plane

Discussion in 'General' started by shift, Aug 23, 2005.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Sounds like a fun movie but what's it about?

2. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

The song, "Snakes On a Plane (Bring It)", by the band Cobra Starship is amazing...

I found out today (thanks to Rolling Stone) that Gabe from Midtown is in the band and he's the one that put the 'supergroup' together. Peter Wentz of Fall Out Boy begged to be able to put the soundtrack together, so thanks to him, the soundtrack will be filled with pop punk phenomenons. Can't wait.....

3. Luna

Luna Guest

I watched that music video three or four times in a row. It is addictive, like crack.

4. Luna

Luna Guest

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Samuel L. Jackson is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly with a photo shoot devoted to Snakes on a Plane. Killer stuff, they're all classy airport photos just with a heap of snakes in'em as well.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1219727_1_0_,00.html

The first one in the article here is easily my favorite of the photo spread, the condescending suburban look the blonde is giving Jackson is pitch perfect.

6. adric

adric New Member

this movie was great. i was defiantly not let down despite all the hype. go see and try and get in with a good crowd, it will make it all the more better

7. Luna

Luna Guest

Oh, hell yeah! :banana:

8. Sam

Sam Member

I'm hoping the late showings tonight aren't sold out. As a silly gag, a friend and I were thinking of walking in with rubber snakes adorned around our necks like Jake the Snake Roberts from WWF days. Not sure if this would even be allowed in a movie theater, but it'd be fairly dorky fanboyism.

9. Damed

Damed Guest

10. uradouche

uradouche New Member

11. Luna

Luna Guest

Oh my GOD all the reviews are killing me. I swear I'm gonna explode if I can't see this movie soon. :cry:

12. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Fuck it... I'm going seeing the 1:45 show down the street... will report back with what I thought of it when I get back into this hellhole of an apartment. :)

13. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Hopefully I can make it tonight, if not then tomorrow is for sure.
    I was gonna wait for my GF to get back Tuesday, but can't.:)

I figure we all owe SOAP a big opening weekend. Who knows, maybe studios will start listening to fans if this does well.:)

14. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I saw this at midnight last night and it DID NOT let me down at all. Not only is this movie pure fucking fun, it's actually pretty damn good considering what it's all about. The theater was packed with people going nuts. Throwing beach balls, rubber snakes and a few guys that were so tanked they provided unnecessary shots of their own "snakes" by stripping nude and running around at the top of the theater, only to be arrested RIGHT before Sam delivers his signature SOAP line of dialogue. Plenty of over-the-top gore, nudity and language. I won't spoil anything other than to say this is a film that needs to be seen, especially with a large, rowdy crowd.

For all that it is and wanted to be: 9/10. And you can bet my ass will be seeing it again.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  15. skmastaz

skmastaz New Member

The people in my theatre were yelling the entire time and just because this is a bad movie doesn't make that cool. So I left and got a comp ticket, i'll see it when the theatre isn't full of jackasses.

16. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I see what you mean. If I wanted to pay to hear dumb assholes spout their unfunny commentary I'd go pay for MTV. Even though it is a "bad" movie I want to be able to hear the rediculous dialogue....at least the first time. After that, bring it on. Sounds like it's already headed for ROCKY HORROR territory.

17. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

This movie sucked. I didn't like it... I can see how people could dig its cheesiness and whatnot... but it sucked. Thats just what I think. And the closing credits thing... was just... dumb... everyone in the theatre was groaning or booing this entire flick...

18. fridayfan13

fridayfan13 Guest

all i can say is that it was worth the wait, this film works both as a chessy b movie and a legit horror film.

19. shift

shift Hot as shit!

SUCKED ; FUN is fun :lol:

20. Sam

Sam Member

10:30 PM Friday showing
    Roughly 40 people in a 467 capacity theater

OK, I anticipated this film for nearly a year and bought into the hype. I was also the only person in attendance decked out in rubber snakes. The moments leading up to the snakes being released had me on the edge of my seat, but once that load was blown I thought the movie really went downhill. At times this felt a lot like "Speed 2: Cruise Control" and the pacing was nearly as poor. No rowdy audience at this showing, contrary to many net reports from other theaters. I actually saw a number of people who fell asleep and were still asleep when the ending credits were rolling. I'm a big fan of camp movies, but this one bored me more than entertained me. I really did want to enjoy this movie. :( Maybe the absolute zero audience participation was a factor and maybe it just didn't click, but my initial reaction is I have no desire to watch this again.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006