Snakes on Plane

Discussion in 'General' started by shift, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Unfortunately there were only a handful of people in the theatre, but I still enjoyed the hell out of this movie!! And so did the horror fan who went with me! Damn fun film and I can definitely see how it could be a blast with a good crowd. The film lived up to the hype and is one of the few cult films that was actually invented as a cult film. That usually happens after years of viewings and people discovering a film on their own or with like minded people. The internet can build hype, but not usually cult status. They tried this with Blair Witch, and it does have it's fans, but also has a good amount of people who hate it, myself included and I never feel that that was or ever will be a cult film. Snakes definitely will be!

Another note: The theatre was giving out double sided mini posters. One side is the movie poster with logo and the other side is the passenger information card on how to deal with snakes on a plane. I took 2 of them, so I can hang them side by side. They rock!!

2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I went with the wife to see this last night. I was surprised that at a 7:30pm show not even half of the theater was full. Anyway, it was definitely a fun movie. I never paid any attention to all the internet hype it was getting so I went in with an open mind. I'm glad the studio went with the "R" rating as I think the film would have been EXTREMELY weak had it not. You have to allow Jackson to say "motherfucker" at least a few times. I'll buy the DVD once it comes out and will drink heavily on subsquent viewings. :)

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

So what was wrong with it? Other then is sucked.

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

It sucked.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Caught this last night and loved it.
    There were only a handfull of people (probably 30 in a 200+ seat theater) so the crowd particapation wasn't that high, although it was there. Huge cheers when Sam was introduced and for "the line".
    It had snakes, they were on a plane, I laughed my ass off and even got scarred once or twice. Just a great brainless fun movie. I'm commited to going and seeing it again next week when my GF gets back, and I look forward to it!

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Because I didn't want anyone getting in the way of my Snake on a Plane enjoyment, I went out of my way to be sure I saw it with a fun crowd. I am glad I did as having the audience involved gave it something special. The crowd wasn't as big as I would have hoped, but everyone was hooting and hollering and it was just a really good time for all. The movie delivered just what I was looking for, aka a really fun time. I just got back and I am already itching to see it again. I loved it.

7. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Watching the movie, it becomes so 'smack you in the face' obvious 98.9% of it was molded around the marketing compaign and internet hype, you really can pick out the scenes filmed before they decided 'hey, let's just make this a joke', which I felt held it back from being a really clever horror comedy and not just a forgetable romp. A few laughs here and there, but most of the humor was way too forced.

I dunno, maybe I didnt 'get it', but I'll forget all about this movie tomorrow, hardly memorable at all.

edit; oh, and the winner of the 'Most Obvious Product Placement' goes to...
    "All we need is a camera and a computer so we can email the pictures.."
    (girl holds up phone)
    "THIS can do BOTH"

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  8. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Ok that right there made me want to see this movie.

9. rijir

rijir Member

I saw if last night at a 9:45 showing. Only about 30 people in the theater but it seemed like more. Everyone had a good time. There were lost of cheers and laughs. I laughed more out loud at some of the jokes in this film that I do in most comedies.

It was fun.

10. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

This movie made about $15 million this weekend. Some places are showing lower numbers because they aren't counting the Thursday night showings. I misguessed the movie's box office by about 10 million. That never happens. These numbers are kind of disappointing, but I guess it will end up in the profit zone in the end.

12. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Production Budget: $33 million
    Domestic Total as of Aug. 20, 2006: $15,250,000 (Estimate)

13. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Just returned from seeing this, and I thought it was a blast. It actually wasn't even that bad of a movie. If I had any qualm whatsoever, it's that I would've liked to have seen a little more Eddie Kim. That guy was a laugh riot. :lol:

14. Noto

Noto Guest

This was my exact thought. I'll bet that there are some cut scenes with him that will show up on the DVD.

15. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

Immensely entertaining. Recommended wholeheartedly.

16. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I hope they go all out on this dvd. The first release of no doubt countless releases, that is!!

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

whoa, I over shot that one a little --- $15,250,000 :D

Not the opening I thought. Kinda surprised.

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

just saw it i thought it rocks cant wait for the dvd i bet newline will have a shitload of extras to put on the dvd

this makes me want snakes on a train more now

19. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

Snakes in a theater

That's really fucked up.

Someone could've gotten killed.

20. Noto

Noto Guest

Shit, they are on to me...