So long to MonstersHD

Discussion in 'General' started by burieddeep, Dec 19, 2008.

1. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

2. Dave

Dave Pimp

:(

Hate Dish...

3. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    That stinks. They had a good product but the availablility was too limited. Once they were dropped by Dish Network I was hoping that they'd join up with Comcast.

4. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

ah fuck that sucks! That was one of the best HD channels even if they gave the movies over and over again.

5. Roo

Roo Member

Karma. Dish is getting payback by losing the Tivo lawsuit and customers leaving them in droves. :fuck:

6. That's bullshit, I guess I won't be switching from my basic digital cable to Dish like I planned.. the only reason I was going to was to get MonstersHD and Chiller. Too bad.. I hate dish anyways, their packages are bullshit.. what pisses me off is they don't let you chose what channels you want to pay for, so you'd be paying for a bunch of trash you never watch. Fuck that.

7. Shock Waves

Shock Waves New Member

Can't miss what ya never had I suppose..

8. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

My cable service never carried it but I often watched it at a friends place (until DISH dropped it) and always enjoyed it.This sucks.

9. jscott

jscott Guided By Voices

I lost it when Dish Network dropped it a few months ago.

If they happen to run The Day The World Ended before you lose it, would you be kind enough to tape/DVD record it for me? I'd make it worth your while. Lion's Gate released it on DVD but they overmatted it to 2.35/1 when it's really 1.85/1. I tried to record it a few times, but coincidentally it was raining when they'd show it, and my satellite would lose reception.

10. I seriously wanted C.H.U.D. II: Bud The Chud, Waxwork & The Video Dead from it, HD2DVD-R. That's one reason I was going to switch to dish for it, but I guess that's not happening. :(
    I seriously wish they'd just put these movies out on DVD, I can't understand why their on these channels in HD and can't even be released to DVD. Total crap:bs:

11. Gua

Gua New Member

I cut my cable months ago because there was nothing worth watching.

I would've loved to have seen MonstersHD. I heard they played movies in high-def that weren't even out on DVD yet. That sucks. They should offer some kind streaming deal with Netflix or something.

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Waxwork is out on a double feature disc with its sequel. It's just a shitty unmated full screen presentation.

13. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

The R2 disc of Waxwork is great.

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

This really stinks. Monster HD on Cablevision is/was great. I can't believe they are letting go of Voom. I liked some of the other Voom channels as well. GamePlay & Film Fest where some of my favorites.

I really can't believe this. Monsters HD was pretty dam cool. I loved how before each movie it would say this movies was from 35mm to now presented in 1080i. All full movies not like Chiller with their commercials & edited material.

My question is this channel wasn't just movies played in a loop. They had stuff in between also. In house interviews, etc... Same goes for GamePlay. They had hosts and such. What happens? They all are fired, just because Cablevision dosen't want to carry them? Why not just go independent & sell to Cablevision, Fios, etc... as a sole channel?

15. I know, I have that Artisan DVD. I don't care if Waxwork II is widescreen or fullscreen, I don't watch it enough and haven't really cared for it as much, simply because the girl from the 1st Waxwork magically changed into a completely different actor. lol. But it looks like crap, I saw some pictures from the MonstersHD version and holy shit. I mean look for yourself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See, this one makes even the german DVD look like dogshit.

16. Dave

Dave Pimp

I had that Waxwork in a high-def stream that I burned to a hybrid HD-DVD (1 8gb DVD, 1 gb DVD). It's a beautiful thing and I'm glad I have it. I wish I had kept the original .TS stream but I will always have an HD-DVD player, so no biggie I guess.

Does anyone have any of the old Monsters HD showing on their PVR? If so, please PM me. I would absolutely kill to get their copies of Subspecies in hi-def. It is possible to extract from the PVR, at least for some models.