So sad about October being over....

Discussion in 'General' started by splatterhouse, Nov 4, 2008.

1. splatterhouse

splatterhouse New Member

OK, so now that I've gotten a new review every day this month, I'm having withdrawals from not seeing some new, fun, informative review everyday!

:cry:

2. Dave

Dave Pimp

Good first post. Welcome to the site and thanks for the words about withdrawals.

I think all of us are taking a short break, but I'm already working on a few more and I expect to post at least one by this weekend.

We try to average one per week but I'm sure it's more like one every other week. There are some lulls here and there but we're trying to be more consistent. I'm back on board with reviewing on a regular basis, so that helps. A lot of the pressure was on Rhett, followed by Jeremy.

3. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Don't sell this place short, Dave. There are plenty of LULZ here everyday.

4. Dave

Dave Pimp

Hey, I've said it before and I'll send it again: demand your money back. Oh right...

I guess the several people that became subscribers have a stance here, but otherwise, this is all for free. We have minimal ads and we are doing this all for fun, so you are unfortunately at the mercy of our schedules and personal lives (or lack thereof).

:banana:

5. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I can't tell if you understood I was punning on "lulls" vs. "lulz" or not.

6. rhett

rhett Administrator

LAWLZ!!!1!

This October was nuts, and I'm definitely looking forward to some down time. I still have a few discs that I couldn't quite squeeze in to the end of the month though, so expect a few more reviews right away here to ease you off the review sauce gradually. ;)

7. splatterhouse

splatterhouse New Member

Yup, I've been signed up for a while, I check out the site like 2 times a week (like every day this month though), and always wanna get in on the discussion, but i never say anything. Just figured it was time to stop lurking around and say what up and that October was the bomb over this way.

Hope to have many convo's with you kids in the future, keep it up.

8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Last night, me and the roommate tried to make Halloween happen again. We were eating our Halloween dinner (Turkey Meatloaf and Tomato Creme Soup) and watching THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW then our power went out. :(
    We'll try again - so tonight it's HALLOWEEN 3...literally.

9. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I personally do it for the lulz.

10. Dave

Dave Pimp

Clearly not! :glasses:

11. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Well, it was a fun month here, but I am a bit burned out so a break is needed.

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

After watching at least one film a day all October, I haven't watched a single film all November. I've been buying Halloween stuff that's on sale now though. :D

I'm kinda against the review a day in October because it's holding back on reviews we could of had earlier plus most of the movies, if we ordered them after reading the review, wouldn't get to us in time for Halloween. So the October onslaught because of Halloween doesn't specifically help with movies on Halloween itself. Catch-22.

13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hell, I'd love to write some reviews! :D

~Matt

14. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I forced my girlfriend to watch horror movies with me all month, even though she pretty much fell asleep during everyone. She's not the biggest horror fan, but never complains either. Anyways, I promised I would cut down my horror movie watching this month a bit, so instead I have been checking out the Police Academy box set. I know, to some, these may be horror(ble) movies, but so far I have been enjoying them quite a bit. I didn't think they'd hold up now that I am older, but I laughed my ass off quite a bit with the first film. The second one wasn't as good, but still had its moments. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can check out the third flick, which was always my favourite when I was younger.

15. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

...fine by me, I know all about being busy and having these forums to read is better than not having them at all, even if the info is intermittent...I feel a strange sense of melancholy...like seriously depressed that October is over...didn't it seem like it went by crazy fast?!? Now come the "real" holidays with all their dread...I'm just gonna climb back into my cave and pretend it's Halloween all over again dammit!!!:lol:

16. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I just finally got around to taking down all my Halloween decorations and I must say, I'm sad about it being over so quickly. I normally don't like holidays (especially Christmas), but absolutely love Halloween. However, I have decided to decorate my Christmas tree this year with halloween style lights I bought last month. These include skeleton and eyeball lights among others! Should be interesting when I put the tree up next month.

17. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Yeah, I'm TOTALLY looking to the future. It's all about Christmas in November. Suddenly, I'm filled with cheer and holiday spirit. Halloween was all about how many trick or treaters did not come this year. As it's been for the last 5 or 6, unfortunately. But that won't dampen my spirit or get me down, nor will all the strange Thanksgiving festivities people seem to have already started planning. What a limp time of year Thanksgiving is going to be. And how depressing January will be with all the shoveling and frozen pipes and taking down decorations. But in the meantime, the snow hasn't hit yet, so it's all about raking leaves (it doesn't snow here until December 31st on average). And watching movies that kind of lean inbetween the two major holidays. Like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Wizard of Oz, and the Nightmare Before Christmas.