So Sweet, So Dead ~ "Italian Genre Cinema Collection" No. 3!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by CameraObscura, Oct 21, 2009.

1. The long sought-after No. 3 in the Italian Genre Cinema Collection, and also its first giallo title, will be the ultra-rare SO SWEET, SO DEAD (RIVELAZIONI DI UN MANIACO SESSUALE AL CAPO DELLA SQUADRA MOBILE, 1972) aka PENETRATION by Roberto Bianchi Montero.

The disc will feature Italian and German audio along with English and German subtitles. The DVD will be out early in 2010.

And here's a look at the cover art:

Attached Files:

2. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Any news on this one? To date I can only find one store selling pre-orders for this and their page lists Italian and German audio with only German subs. I really hope that's a mistake on their page and that something hasn't changed with this disc. Also, I'm seeing a date of 1/2/10 (probably wrong anyway, that's a Saturday...) for this one; has anyone else heard this date (or any date?)? Eagerly awaiting this one assuming it will still have English subs...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  3. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

these releases seem very nice, but i cannot find them anywhere (where could i order Terror Express for a reasonable price?)

4. Here are some screenshots from the film. Only from the first minutes, so they're basically spoiler-free:

Attached Files:

5. Yes! :)
    We've just received the master and it looks like that:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No final release date though. It's still penciled in for the first quarter.

Pre-ordering starts as soon as we've decided on a release date.

Don't worry. It's in fact a mistake. The disc will also include English subs.

6. Give those a try :cool:

omg-entertainment.nl
    chainsawvideo.com
    dtm.at
    diabolikdvd.com

7. rhett

rhett Administrator

This one looks so great. I'm so glad the Genre Cinema Collection continues. Can't wait to check it out.

8. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I'll be all over this. I found a (probably edited) US version on VHS at a closing rental store about a year ago and really enjoyed it.

9. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Awesome, thanks for the update! I'm definitely glad to hear the stores I was looking at were wrong and I'll continue to look forward to replacing my old DVD-R with this!

10. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I read on another forum in a post from Camera Obscura that the street date for this is 4/27. I also heard read in a previous post of theirs that their negative was missing footage but that they had found most of it (VHS source though, iirc), I don't know about the other footage but based on their description it was pretty negligible (few seconds of dialog). I'm hoping they got it but either way I'm still excited about this one and just pre-ordered. :]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  11. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

The Slasher ...is the Sex Maniac!

:D

I hope this comes to R1 DVD as well. Though, taking a look at some up and coming titles from Mya, this one may very well be in their queue. :)

12. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I've never seen this one,looks promising.

13. rhett

rhett Administrator

I'm always looking forward to more of the Italian Genre Cinema Collection. CameraObscura has done a great job picking up the flag from Sazuma, hopefully they can keep it up!

14. Barnabas

Barnabas Guest

And concerning the planned RC1 release of the film by MYA, you better take a look at THIS:

15. youthief

youthief Member

I read the link in the Barnabas post, but I didn't see anything in it about Mya releasing So Sweet, So Dead in region 1. What I did see is one competitor bashing another. Forget about facts or proof; just throw it on the Internet and hope it hurts the sales of the other guy. If Sarcophilous knows who the rights holders are, why not come right out and say who it is? Why dance around and imply you have some sort of close relationship with the owner? Say something that can be verified.

16. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

According to DVDaf.com:

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?di..._roberto+bianchi+montero//*rgn_us&pm=one&pg=9

17. g0mang071

g0mang071 New Member

Has anybody gotten their copy yet? I ordered from OMG Entertainment but it still says "processing". I thought DVD had release date of April 27. I'm can't wait to get this! Gonna watch it with Knife of Ice and Sweet Body of Deborah. Maybe throw in Amsterdamned as well...

18. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

19. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Looks awesome! Can't wait till Mya releases it on R1.

Speaking of...I really should get ...a tutte le auto della polizia since it came out here like, 10 days ago.

20. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Haven't received mine yet, I pre-ordered from them a while ago and was in contact with them on Wed., they told me they were expecting it Thursday or Friday but the page still says 0 in stock so who knows... I really want this one!

Anyone know how they fixed the issue with the missing footage? I'm wondering if it had to come from an inferior source or if they were able to locate better materials for it although I'm assuming the former.