Some blowitoutahere love

Discussion in 'General' started by killit, Jun 11, 2014.

1. killit

killit Active Member

I first heard about this site here, I think in a deep discount thread, anyway I took a chance and ordered around $200 in vinyl and bluray during the Memorial Day sale. Even though the 10% off pretty much just covered the shipping charges (which were totally reasonable) and when I tried to add something to the order they acted like I was speaking a foreign language. This was till my favorite vinyl/blu purchase experience in light years. Nothing too special about the packaging other than it WORKS, the mailer was thrashed but not only was every single lp jacket pristine from the shelf, there was no mailer damage. Half of the shops have crappy mailers and the other half just don't seem to take care of their stock. These people while not super flexible with editing orders, have the best prices on quality merch, I have a feeling amazon will snatch them up if they haven't already bough them. Every single lp i've got from DD has been a wreck and my last order has been missing for 3 weeks and finally they acknowledge it's their error. I'm sure I've got about a 3 month refund wait ahead of me. Anyway blowitoutahere blew me away.

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Their prices seem to be beating Amazon by a mile and also better than DeepDiscount/ImportCDs/DVDPacific. Even when the 10% sales only cover shipping it's still the best deal out there. Looking forward to the next coupon cause I'd like to order Final Terror, Deadly Eyes and Bloody Moon Blus from them.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of BlowItOutaHere, and they're my go-to retailer for cult label blu-rays.

I started using them last fall, when my Amazon prime trial ran out and I was looking for an alternative for Scream Factory releases. I noticed they had a 15% off coupon, and the prices were good, so I gave them a try on Scream Factory's November pre-orders. I got all of them on the street date (except Night Of The Comet, which arrived a day later on Wednesday) and each one was $5 to $10 cheaper than Amazon. Compared to the prices on Amazon, it's almost like buy 3 get 1 free.

Also worked out perfectly, because I got Body Bags on the street date, and a lot of people who pre-ordered from Amazon didn't. Amazon had it backordered, and a lot of people were on the message boards complaining they didn't get theirs. So it was the perfect time for me to switch over.

I've been using them for Scream Factory releases ever since (except for the occasional Collector's Edition with poster exclusive, which I've been getting direct from Scream Factory).

They usually do a coupon code for either 10% off or 15% off about every other week (usually around a holiday). I typically wait for the 15% and then throw in all my pre-orders. In fact, I was going to start a BlowItOutaHere thread when they did the next code, just to separate it from the DeepDiscount thread. I imagine they'll do one this weekend for Father's Day. They post the codes on their Facebook page, so if you like them on Facebook you'll see it in your newsfeed.

Just a tip for ordering, it's best to order your items in groups of three. Their shipping rates vary depending upon how many items you order, and ordering three items will give you the best rate ($1.46 per item).

4. killit

killit Active Member

That's a great tip! I was trying to crack that.

5. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I was skeptical of this place because it just sounds a little odd. However, I ordered from them recently and the experience couldn't have been smoother. Prices were way cheaper than Amazon, package came way quicker than DD, and the packaging wasn't flimsy (also like DD). A+

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The only thing that I dislike about them is that they charge you right away for any pre-ordered items. So if you want to order $200 or something during one of their sales, and it's all or mostly pre-orders, just be prepared to pay for it all in one lump and in advance.

7. CPT HOOK

I prefer it, it just means you don't have to worry about the funds later. Also, it doesn't make a mess of your credit card statement, as opposed to having random little charges pop up here and there, appearing and disappearing, and having to figure out which charge goes to what.

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Speaking of Scream Factory, they are running deals all June.

http://www.horrordigital.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=45389&page=2

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  9. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

My introduction to Blowitoutahere was through Amazon marketplace, ironically. There were some BDs I wasn't willing to pay full price for so I ordered from blowitoutahere via Amazon. At the time I didn't really notice (or care) about delivery speed, packaging, etc but their prices were always cheaper. Most recently I bought something on ebay and the seller was blowitoutahere and, again, my package arrived reasonably fast. It was the Collateral steelbook and their price was the cheapest I could find anywhere. So, fed up with the high markups for cult titles on Amazon I let my Prime membership[ expire and needed to find a replacement for the Shout Factory and other independent labels' titles. Diabolik DVD are a trusted source but their prices can also be a bit steep. Importcds is dead to me after a few disastrous customer service experiences and long delivery times. Family Video pissed me off by not having a couple of titles in stock while everybody else did.

Last month I signed up with Blowitoutahere and ordered a Blu-ray as a test run. Not only did I receive it in 4 days but it was $8 cheaper than Amazon! That was enough for me. Currently I've got 4 preorders pending with 2 or 3 titles each. I saved a lot of money with these guys. I hope they stay independent cause if they don't they're going to end up being one more retailer to shove aside.

10. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

It's to bad they don't ship to Canada. Getting harder and harder to find worthwhile deals for us up here, at least where genre films are concerned. Amazon.com is completely out of the picture now with their insane shipping and duty charges.

11. killit

killit Active Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  12. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Weird. I am in Toronto and I just purchased a dvd from them on Ebay. I thought they were only an Ebay store at that. Mind you, it was one of a few copies of Slaughterhouse they have for sale at only $5. So maybe they will only ship to Canada for releases they are more desperate to unload?

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I've never bought from blowitoutahere. Can the coupon code only be used once per customer or can you do multiple orders with the coupon code?

14. CPT HOOK

Multiple times.

Perfect timing on the coupon code!

15% off $25 or more.
    FATHERSDAY2014 valid through the 17th.

15. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

I oredred from these guys omce a few months back from their Ebay shop. I ordered Maniac Cop 2 BD but they shipped the wrong disk and sent me the Cornetto trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and World's End). I emailed them many times and also opened a case with Ebay but got no reply at all from their customer service so Ebay issued me a full refund and told me to keep the wrongly mailed Blu ray. Has anyone else tried contacting them for any reason and had the same problem as me? As it is I had never seen any of the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movies and thoroughly enjoyed them so it wasent all for nothing.

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Cool, thanks! I just placed an order for three cds. Ended up costing me $30 with shipping. The same three cds would have cost me $42 with sales tax at Amazon. I will probably order three movies before the sale ends.

17. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I'd caution everyone that the true measure of a company isn't the orders that go smoothly. It's what happens when a problem inevitably crops up. That's why Amazon is my go-to retailer. They have gone out of their way to make things right for me on many different occasions. And they were almost all cases where the fault lied with the manufacturer or shipper, not them directly.

Amazon definitely isn't competitive for Scream Factory titles. But if you wait for sales you can get great prices on just about every other Blu-ray title out there.

I'm intrigued by this company. Has anyone had to request a return? How do they handle replacing damaged items? Do they agree to do it no questions asked? Do they ship the new item before they receive the return? Do they cover your return shipping?

I stopped ordering from Deepdiscount because they didn't handle problems in a way that proved they care about their customers. Is Blowitoutahere as dedicated to customer service as Amazon?

18. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Sweet - thanks!

Deadly Eyes, Final Terror and Bloody Moon Blu's - $48.62.

On Amazon - $76.46 :fuck:

19. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

Just placed an order with them for the first time...picked up Screamers and Curtains for $29.70.

20. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I've used them at least 4-5 times now and have not had any trouble. I agree with Shape's points about customer service, however, I won't ever really know until I give them a chance. If they fuck up and don't fix it properly in a timely manner, then I will stop using them; it's as simple as that. Until then, I'm perfectly happy with them.