Some new Argento and more on Blu & DVD from arrow

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, May 21, 2010.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

July 26th: Tenebrae (DVD and Blu-ray)
    August 2nd: Inferno and Deep Red (DVD and Blu-ray)
    August 9th: Demons and Demons 2 (DVD only)
    August 30th: Phenomena and Cat O'Nine Tail (DVD and Blu-ray)
    September 13th: The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (DVD and Blu-ray)

Info from several forums but especially http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17302

Obviously dates could change, but I'm interested in what they will do with them. Extras etc.
    Question is if Deep Red (lizard) and Inferno (cat & mouse) will be uncut. This is ofcourse the UK.
    But even with these scenes cut, these still be worth picking up.

2. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Read that this morning too and was excited until I saw the animal thing. I hope they get released fully uncut, despite Inferno and Deep Red being the two I most wanted to see on BD I really doubt I'd buy them if they're trimmed. Sure, the cuts would be trivial but it's censorship nonetheless! I assume there is hope because isn't that upcoming Lizard in a Woman's Skin release going to be fully uncut? (If so it's got that scene with the dog...)

3. Crystal Plumage

Regarding Lizard (from http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16960 ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkBd9HMRUy0

4. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

My big hope is for both the director's and theatrical cuts of Deep Red. As much as I like the director's cut, I have to admit that the faster pacing of the theatrical makes it a bit nicer for introducing people to Argento

5. BlackAndBlu81

BlackAndBlu81 New Member

My wallet keeps getting thinner and thinner. I really dont like it when you make a post crystal plummage. Everytime you do it seems like its something I must spend my money on LOL. Seems we have very similar taste.

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Sounds great. I want all those titles. Here's hoping they're uncut!

7. Zombie Dude

Thought I'd add that I've heard Arrow have an American film planned for release soon but haven't given any what it might be. The only clue is that it's supposedly a "draining" film. Someone mentioned CHUD but it was confirmed that it wasn't that and is "draining" in a different sense.

The film Lifeforce comes to mind.

8. Stige

Stige Active Member

wonder if maybe i should have waited with teh sleepless and opera dvd's I bought from arrow ...........

Many of these will be must buys

9. Gigantor

Gigantor Guest

Check out the extras for CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD BluRay

On May 24th Arrow Video is Releasing it on Bluray

Here's a more Indepth listings of the Special features.

The Extras:

The extras begin with the packaging itself. Arrow Films have included four interchangeable sleeve options with differing art for the film. Inside there are six poster-art postcards, a mini-poster, and a companion booklet called Fulci of the Living Dead. The disc contains two commentary tracks as well. There’s a newly recorded track with Giovanni Lombardo Radice and a second one with Catriona MacColl and Jay Slater that was originally recorded several years ago for a previous release. The additional featurettes are listed below.

Fulci In the House: The Italian Master of Splatter (17 min, SD) – This includes anecdotes and memories of Fulci from Joe Dante, Anthony Timpone, and others. It’s also the only extra presented in standard definition and PAL format. If your TV can handle PAL you’ll be fine, but if not you’re out of luck.

Carlo of the Living Dead: Surviving Fulci Fear (16 min) – Interview with Carlo De Mejo interspersed with multiple clips and photos from the films he made with Fulci.

Dame of the Dead: Catriona MacColl Returns to the City (23 min) – Interview with Catriona interspersed with multiple clips and photos from her films with Fulci. Her memories of the maggot scene in particular offer a fascinating glimpse into the mind of a young actress at the early stage of her career.

Fulci’s Daughter: Memories of the Italian Gore Maestro (27 min) – Interview with Antonella interspersed with multiple clips and photos from her father’s films. She talks about being a child onset, Fulci’s feud with Dario Argento over the “Zombie” name, and more.

Penning Some Paura: Dardand Sacchetti Remembers City of the Living Dead (18 min) – Interview with Dardand interspersed with multiple clips and photos from the films he wrote for Fulci. He talks about the freedom that came from writing scripts that made zero sense, and he admits that while he enjoyed setting up the action scenes the payoffs were all Fulci and his effects crew.

Profundo Luigi: A Colleague’s Memories of Lucio Fulci (16min) – Interview with Luigi Cozzi who was part of the Italian genre film scene at the same time as Fulci. He talks about the industry throughout the seventies and eighties and the twin giants of Argento and Fulci.

Live from the Glasgow Theatre (24 min) – This is a Q&A session featuring Catriona MacColl and Giovanni Lombardo Radice. The two spoke with an audience in Scotland after a sold-out screening of the film. Thankfully, subtitles are provided for the Scottish audience members.

The Many Lives (and Deaths) of Giovanni Lombardo Radice (50 min) – This is easily the best feature on a disc filled with entertaining extras. Giovanni discusses his acting career with a focus on his work in horror films where he seemed to always play guys who get killed. And his deaths were always violent and bloody. Starting with House On the Edge of the Park and continuing up through Stagefright he talks about the films, the directors, and having to hide his dick during sex scenes. The section about making the abysmal Cannibal Ferox is particularly fantastic.

Gallery of the Living Dead – A selection of stills from the movie.

Theatrical Trailer – Here is the film’s trailer in six different audio flavors… English Dolby Digital Mono/Stereo, English DTS-HD 5.1/7.1 Surround Sound, and Italian Dolby Digital Mono/Stereo

10. Zombie Dude

Supposedly Deep Red wont be a Bluray which is a real shame. :(

11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Wow...Tenebre? I'd buy that in a second. The Anchor Bay transfer sucks (love how when they re-released it, they just took their old transfer from like 1999 and made it anamorphic). Deep Red and Phenomena would be excellent too. Arrow is becoming the new Blue Underground (or what Anchor Bay USED to be at least).

~Matt

12. springjack

springjack New Member

Why don?t wait for the official post?
    I didn?t post the news because this is information regarding the retailers. One of the head of Arrow has aldeady ditch the possibility of a Deep Red Blu. Things are still very fresh regarding dates, extras and avaiability...
    ________
    Bdsm torture

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  13. springjack

springjack New Member

Original post:
    http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?threadid=40534
    ________
    Lancer

14. springjack

springjack New Member

15. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Barring any serious flaws, I'll be all over Tenebrae. It was in the first batch of DVDs I ever bought, and has since been my most wanted upgrade.

16. Crystal Plumage

I don't see your problem. It's news, regardless if all is actually coming through or not.
    If you have more news, just add to this thread. It's how it's alway been.

Ever read the "Lizard in a Woman's Skin" threads?

17. springjack

springjack New Member

Man, don?t get me wrong. I?m not agains you posting this news... even so regarding our beloved Dario.

My only concern is that this thread is regarding a bunch of dvds and with every response the topic might get a little confusing... that?s all.

But then, when the time comes, every one of this releases will get their own topic...

Don?t get mad :)
    ________
    Tl

18. Crystal Plumage

I'm not, thought you were, my mistake :) I apologize.

19. dvdfan

dvdfan Member

Tenebrae BluRay is up for Pre-Order from Amazon UK. LINK

20. Luki

Luki New Member

All of them but Demons 1,2 are up on amazon.co.uk. Also it seems Inferno will come out only on DVD.