Sorrority Row Pledges a 2-Disc in Jan

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

i had the elite disc. traded it in years ago. didnt get the second release due to interlacing.. Now this is probably the best one to get.. so i will order..

2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Speaking of Liberation, the label apparently owns all or part of the old Film Ventures catalog as well as a handful of other cool 80's titles, including ONE DARK NIGHT, JOYSTICKS and, most interestingly, WITHOUT WARNING! Scorpion has obviously licensed a number of films from that library, like HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW and the upcoming INCUBUS so I'm wondering if any of the other films may be forthcoming. There have been rumors for years about Without Warning coming to DVD...if Scorpion's got this it would be a huge coup for them. I wouldn't mind a cleaned-up version of ONE DARK NIGHT either.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I did some comparisons between the old Elite DVD and the new Scorpion DVD. These are as close as the exact frames as I could get.

I also have the Liberation DVD, but that is the most inferior transfer being basically recycled from the Elite DVD but interlaced and with digital color tinkering...so I didn't even bother with it.

The top screenshots are from the old Elite DVD, The bottom ones are from the new Scorpion DVD:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, there's more visible frame information on the Scorpion release. The colors also look more natural.

4. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

good shots.. the one thing about this movie i never understood was when slater was shot and fell in the water. there was no blood at all? i know the water was dirty. but you still coundt see any blo0d. even later. ??

5. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Not much to say about this one except every slasher fan should own this DVD. Great flick, great transfer, and an all around great presentation. Congrats to Scorpion on the excellent work.