Splatter University coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Vdlman, Aug 23, 2004.

1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I finally got to watch mine last night, and, although the dvd is poor on extras, the improved picture and sound from my ancient VHS tape made me very happy. The picture wasn't perfect mind you, but I am thinking that is as good as it gets. So happy to have another slasher movie I love upgraded.

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I must pick this up sometime... I haven't seen it for quite a while. I rented it a couple years back on VHS and liked it, especially the unusually downbeat ending.

3. Good to see that Richard is on the boards! And was it just me, or was there an uncut version of this? Could've sworn I saw it at a video store. Shame there's no commentary though.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2004
  4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'm pretty sure my old VHS says "Uncut" on one of the front upper corners. I'd have to dig it out to make sure. I'm pretty certain the DVD is the Uncut version also.

5. The DVD is the uncut version. The negative was never cut because I wouldn't allow it. The 35mm release prints has shots trimmed. The DVD was mastered from a liquid gate 16mm low contrast print off the original 16mm A&B roll negative. It is as good as it gets regarding this movie.

6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

2.jpg

I like the reversible art for the 88 films blu-ray release.