Spookies

Discussion in 'General' started by Tawny, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I watched this yesterday. My friend was telling me it was the worst horror movie he had ever seen. "Even worse than Grim" he said. I heard it was actually 2 movies that the director somehow spliced together to make 1 movie. One movie is an Evil Dead ripoff, with some young adults in a house while they slowly get posessed one by one. The other movie has to do with an old zombie man who is using demons to kill people so that he can bring his dead wife back to life. Well, I think my friend was wrong. This is not the worst horror movie ever made. I actually liked the Evil Dead part of the movie. The other part with the old guy was actually pretty lame, but I thought it was cool that they actually killed a kid in the movie. The special effects were done by Gabe Bartalos, and they are pretty cool. What is up with those farting zombies? I was laughing so hard. What were they thinking?

2. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Isn't this the one that had some "spider-woman" demon or something like that? If it is, this used to go by the name "Twisted Souls"...I remember reading about it in Fangoria when it was still being made. The pictures they showed from it looked really promising. I remember that several years later, it finally surfaced on video, but nobody in my area ever picked it up and I've never actually seen it.

3. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

Farting zombies?!?!

*puts Spookies on top of list*

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I love Spookies, there's just something about it. It's fun and original, and best of all it's full of kooky atmosphere. I've never heard about it being spliced together from two movies, it really doesn't remotely appear that way to me.

5. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Ya, it was put together from two different movies. The titles of which I don't know. That big spider woman thing is all that sticks in my memory. Can't recall the farting zombies. :)

6. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

LMAO me too, me too!!

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I might be wrong but I think one part of the movie was actually called The Anger ...

Either way, I have fond memories of watching Spookies. Here's hoping for a decent R1 DVD.

8. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I have great memories of this one as well, and it has a nice feeling of nostalgia to it these days. Fun movie.

Haha, Grim is the worst movie I've ever seen, horror or otherwise. I hate that one so very much.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i think sony owns the rights to the movie i know the vhs is sony but anyways when i was little i always got this one confused with CURSE OF THE BLUE LIGHTS both films are okay

10. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Spookies is an 80's junk classic...I remember it played like 8 weekends in a row at the end of USA network's "Saturday Nightmares". Do you wanna really see a movie that's worse than Grim? Check out The Jar.

11. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

or check out Stacy. WORST movie ever!

12. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I remember the farting zombies in the basement. It looked like they were made out of mud, and if I was in the scene the the farting zombies, they would never finish the scene.

13. I liked this movie also, still wanting to get the DVD. I prefer the evil dead theme over the host also, it sounded like the host kept talking through an iron tube.

Click on here to see the farting zombies in action - http://www.horrorvideo.com/clips/spookies.asf

14. betterdan

betterdan Guest

:lol: What in the hell? Thanks for the link evil dead guy.

15. I used to talk online with someone who starred in this movie. The guy does work in fx now and whatnot. Anyhow, he told me this movie was originally much better, but people(Might've been a producer or someone who took over for someone else) took the movie, and added their own stupid shit to make it worse. The farting zombies weren't in the original movie. The fart sounds were added because those people thought it'd be funny.

16. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

That's funny!

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Same here, until then I guess the Vipco R2 will have to do. Too bad Program Power aren't still around, this seems like it would have been a great title for them to release.

18. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

If Robert Tilton were a zombie..............

19. Big Bobby D

Big Bobby D Guest

I used to love this movie when I was little and for a little while I even owned a copy of the old Sony vhs. I remeber it being one of the first, if not first horror movies I ever seen, because my Dad used to be big into horror movies before he went and turned into a born again Christian. But anyway, I remember him letting me watch this one because it wasn't too violent, there was no nudity and if I remeber there really wasn't any cussing in it, so my parents really didn't mind me watching it. I saw it lately and thought it sucked though. I cannot stand the old bald guy who has that cheesy voice, the guy that wants to bring his bride back from the grave, and his son that wears the robe, you know, the one who is supposed to be a ghoul but he has regular Halloween face paint on? And what about that gay looking werewolf that killed the kid in the beginning? And yes I totally remember the farting mud-muck men in the basement, as well as the Asian spider woman; a grim reaper like statue that came to life and a green lizard looking thing. Yeah, this is a shitty movie but it does have great special effects. I also read somewhere that this movie was spliced together from 2 or 3 other movies as I remember that there were 3 directors for this movie, and a movie that has 3 directors sure outta tell ya that it's gonna suck. But, no matter how sucky this movie is, it holds a special place in my heart (crying and weeping right now!) as one of the the first, if not first horror movies I ever saw.
    Maybe since Sony is taking over MGM they'll release it onto dvd (o.k., that's really doubtful!) so for the time being you can get the Vipco dvd that I think goes by the movie's original title of Twisted Souls.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005
  20. shift

shift Hot as shit!

How does the spookies compare to the MUNCHIES??