Spy (2015)

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by thing, Jun 6, 2015.

1. thing

thing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Spy (2015)

Directed by Paul Feig
    Over the years many duo of similar themed films have come out within the same year, we had Deep Impact & Armageddon, Dante's Peak & Volcano, The American & Limits of Control. This year we had the R rated super violent action comedy that parodies spy films such as the Bond franchise called Kingsman: The Secret Service and now we have another simply called "Spy". Where as the first one was from Matthew Vaughn, a man known for his bloody action satire, Spy is from the comedy director of Bridesmaids and re-teams with Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids) who plays a desk-bound CIA analyst who volunteers to go undercover to infiltrate the world of a deadly arms dealer, and prevent diabolical global disaster.
    The film is pretty well made bar some dodgy CGI effects and is a much better and bloodier film than the marketing would suggest. It has a good supporting cast with Rose Byrne (Bridesmaids), Jude Law (My Blueberry Nights), Miranda Hart (Miranda) and Jason Statham (Snatch), who plays up his tough guy action roles quite well. Of course as is often the way with hollywood productions, it is about a half hour too long and the comedy is a little hit and miss. It obviously pales in comparison to the independently made Kingsman but it still has some broad entertainment value in its own right.

5.5/10

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Why would you even bother going to see this?:lol:

I thought only fat chicks went to see Melissa Mcfatty's movies...

3. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Terrific comedy. My wife and I laughed our asses off. 8/10

4. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    This definitely belongs on a horror forum. Looks like the scariest film ever!

5. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I actually want to see this and I am not fat either. The trailer made me laugh my ass off my but cheeks.

6. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I thought you were a dude all this time...

[​IMG]

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Same, it looks hilarious. Don't get the hate for Melissa McCarthy, I find her quite funny.

8. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I really liked the trailer for this and took my wife to see it. Like the last two McCarthy films I've watched (Identity Thief, Tammy) it was just ok. There were some laughs and lots of familiar faces (Jason Statham, Jude Law, Rose Byrn, Morena Baccarin). Still recommended as a video viewing rather than theatrical.