SS Zombi 2 Specs

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by dwatts, Jun 23, 2004.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

From Fangoria:

Media Blasters has revealed to Fango the complete specs for its two-DVD release of ZOMBI 2, the Lucio Fulci classic a.k.a. ZOMBIE, which will be released July 27 on the Shriek Show label. The details are as follows:

DISC ONE:

Newly remastered widescreen transfer

Audio commentary by actor Ian McCullough

"Food for the Worms", a 13-minute featurette interviewing opening-scene zombie Captain Haggerty

Production stills, posters and lobby card gallery

Outtakes

Original ZOMBI 2 trailer, plus trailers for ZOMBIE 3, ZOMBI 4: AFTER DEATH and ZOMBI 5: KILLING BIRDS, FLESH FOR THE BEAST, FLESH EATER, EROTIC NIGHTS OF THE LIVING DEAD, ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST, BURIAL GROUND and BIO-ZOMBIE

DISC TWO:

"Building a Better Zombie", a 98-minute documentary featuring interviews with producer Fabrizio De Angelis, makeup FX creator Giannetto De Rossi, cinematographer Sergio Salvati, composer Fabio Frizzi, makeup artists Maurizio Trani and Rosario Prestopino, camera operator Franco Bruni and hairstylist Mirella DeRossi Sforza

"Raising the Dead", a six-minute featurette interviewing production and costume designer Walter Patriarca

"An Evening With Dakar": Actor Dakar, who plays the character of Lucas, sings!

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hmm... Somehow I doubt they got AB's commentary, but I doubt even more that McCullough would sit down to record another. But I've been surprised before, so who knows. I'd like to know the audio specs as well, but I guess I'll have to wait. Cool news on the 98 minute documentary though.

3. killit

killit Active Member

I don't even remember the commentary, except that he talks a lot about the framing. You know, that they worked hard not to show he was going bald. At this point Shreik show has me in their camp, i can't imagine getting the BU version now.

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Man... SS is totally slaughtering BU's release. :(

5. toh

toh Guest

Whoops, made a mistake and posted something that is inaccurate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2004
  6. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Here's to hoping disc 2 isn't in a paper holder loose in the case.

7. abattoir17

abattoir17 Guest

My lord! I don't own any Shriek Show discs. Have they actually done that?

8. Smartt

Smartt Guest

Yeah. With VERSUS.

9. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

...and Blood Feast 2. Does anyone sell those 2-disc dvd cases, like the one New Line used for Freddy Vs Jason? I saw twin cases in Staples that hold one disc on each side, but there's no place to put an insert. Better prepare now for that paper sleeve, know what I'm sayin'?:p

10. abattoir17

abattoir17 Guest

The place sells the double amaray cases like the ones for F vs. J:

DVD Cases

Edit: They seem to only sell them in bulk, but they're cheap.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2004
  11. Smartt

Smartt Guest

The slim amaray double cases are way better than the chubby ones from yore (like the ones AB used for the Lucio Fulci 2-disc re-releases).

12. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I guess I order me some of those. :) and some single disc cases too. :)

13. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I still think the SS version is going to be all out for them. Just look at all those trailers. They cleary expect to shift quite a few units.

14. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Couple of things to add here:

1. Double Amarays. I bought a ten pack last week in CompUSA of all places. 8.99 for ten.

2. As I suggested to Lyle in another thread, I think SS are pulling a bit of a fast one with their advertising (although I'm not complaining, and am going to get this version without a doubt.) You see, they've been promising "4 hours" of features. Clearly from these specs, that INCLUDES the movie. That's a bit underhanded I think. Mind you, what they have looks excellent, and there's nothing that will stop my grabbing this one.

15. marcx

marcx New Member

can't wait....

guys the blue underground title sounds like its just out there so they can make at lest something on the deal due to the rights mix ups..i mean im a big BU supporte but in this case is there any doubt that SS is the way to go?

16. Smartt

Smartt Guest

I´m rooting for BU´s release. It´s cheaper. Plus, BU is more honest than SS.

17. marcx

marcx New Member

well of course its cheaper! It doeasnt have any features!

18. Smartt

Smartt Guest

Not true. It has a HUGE image gallery. Plus, people who don´t have all that moola and care only about the movie have more choices.

19. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

SS Will probable be miss framed.

20. Andrew

Andrew Guest

No matter what happens people will have a problem with Shriek Show. Even if their version was infinitely better people would say, "I'm getting the BU version. It's cooler."

And dwatts - I don't think the 4 hours includes the movie, but instead the commentary, which many companies do.